This is an exceptional opportunity for a Care Legal Assistant or Paralegal to provide locum support to a governmental body and to engage in interesting and diverse work on a locum/temporary basis in Taunton.
Roles will include:
- Obtaining instructions from client departments, completing standard documents and obtaining necessary evidence from a number of sources to initiate Court proceedings or to enable the fee earner to properly advise the client department.
- Liaising with Courts to arrange hearing dates.
- Preparing applications under the Children Act 1989 and represents in court. Assisting the relevant solicitor with the preparation and conduct of the case,
- Having ensured all the necessary evidence is assembled, issue Court Proceedings in the appropriate court having regard to the Family Proceedings Rules or passing the matter to the appropriate fee earner for advice.
- Filing and service of documents to relevant parties.
- Attending Courts supporting Counsel and assisting with documentation, ensuring witness attendance and assist with statement clarification, take accurate notes for evidence and judgement for the file and reference for counsel.
- Giving general advice in respect private law proceedings/disclosure hearings i.e. criminal that require input by the Local Authority.
- Where proceedings are issued or contemplated takes statements from witnesses to evidential standard and advise witnesses in relation to matters of evidence and Court procedure.
- Advising the social care team
You will be a Family or Social Care Paralegal/Legal Assistant
You will be able to start a new role soon
Ideally, you will have some court experience
You will have strong communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity for a Family or Social Care Legal Assistant or Paralegal to join a friendly, progressive Family / Social Care department in Taunton.
Apply now for immediate consideration or call to speak to Andrew Burrows.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'