We are currently recruiting for a Faculty Assistant to work within one of our prestigious institutes, based near Regent's Park. This is a temporary position, ASAP for 1 - 2 weeks.
This role is to provide secretarial and administrative support in all aspects of research and teaching to a number of faculty members, whilst working closely with members of the administrative team, within and outside the department.
Responsibilities and performance indicators
- Diary Management/ Office Administration/ Secretarial Support
- Providing secretarial and administrative support for a number of faculty members
- Updating of website pages for faculty and subject area
- Administration to standard required by the faculty members of all subject area teaching - course pack production/uploading to Portal, organising speakers, gifts, updating course materials online, ordering copyright cases, AV requirements, etc.
- Liaising with Graders and Programme Offices and Faculty.
- Entering student grades on excel sheets and taking attendance in class and general administrative duties as required by faculty
- Some preparing teaching materials using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Responding to teaching/student queries.
- Regular liaison with LBS community and external contacts
- Timely reconciliation of credit card transactions using the online system
- Processing expenses for faculty members and visitors to the School
- Assisting the SAM in the organisation of the internal and external departmental Seminar Series and Subject Area Events.
- Using the online expense and procurement systems.
- Administering and overseeing Faculty budgets against individual's cost centres and producing monthly reports for faculty
Qualifications and Knowledge Required
- Good general education at A level or above or other relevant qualifications/experience
- Secretarial background and familiarity with office organisation and administration
- A high standard of English and math'
- Computer literacy: excellent knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Skilled in handling a busy workload, prioritising multiple deadlines and multi-tasking
- Proven organisational abilities with excellent forward planning and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of working with senior executives, and their support staff
- High level English language skills and ability to draft correspondence
- Some experience of web site creation is desirable
- Hard-working, conscientious and efficient
- Friendly, enthusiastic, flexible and professional
- Ability to use initiative and be proactive
- Able to work well independently and also within a team
- Excellent Communication skills & professional telephone manner
Start Date - 5th March for 1-2 weeks (Could be a temp to perm)
Working Hours - 35 hours per week (could be less, dependent on candidate)
Pay rate - £13.70 per hour plus holiday pay
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job