Due to continuous growth a market leading manufacturer is now recruiting for a Factory Manager Assistant position.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a strong manufacturing/ engineering background. You must have an extensive knowledge about S & H rules applying to manufacturing plants and experience in quality control and compliance.
- To effectively manage the IMS (Health, Safety and Environmental monitoring system) to ensure site compliance with all company standards, HSE legislation.
- Cooperate with site management to develop the competency and skills across the site and ensure that toolbox talks, risk assessments, safe working instructions are trained out to the crews - target of zero harm to employees and contractors
- To be a hands on supervisor - learn all aspects of production, maintenance and despatch functions at the site
- To deputise for the production manager, engineering manager or yard supervisor during holiday periods
- To assist site management with managing relevant annual budgets and forecast, to deliver on agreed production volumes, expenditure and standard costs
- To maintain close working relationships with internal & external sales staff
- To ensure process / product quality and environmental standards comply with Company and ensure that BSI accreditations are maintained
- Projects: identify and take part in process and quality improvements to increase productivity
- To be accountable for the IMS system (Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems) - ensure that the responsible departments comply with the IMS requirements
- To conduct stock takes of finished goods, raw material and consumable stocks in line with Company expectations. Investigate any discrepancies to budget / system stocks.
- To ensure production targets agreed at the monthly S&OP meeting are achieved. Manage resources in line with S&OP forecast.
- To analyse factory performance, identify causes of downtime and propose measures to increase up time and productivity improvement.
- To work within the AI Quality framework, ensure that measures are put in place to minimise non-conforming product and waste. Monitor quality performance and waste levels using BOS (Business Operating System), and take an active role in continuous improvement activities to reduce waste and customer complaints.
- To ensure that products are produced to the correct bill of materials. Ensure continuity of supply of materials and identify potential cost savings
- To work with the Engineering Manager and Production Manager develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and autonomous maintenance scheme. Assist with devising maintenance guides/instructions and training of the crews.
- To ensure that resources are managed in line with outputs and expected sales demand
- To assist the yard supervisor to maintain a stock management system employing a first in, first out principle to meet the needs of the business.
- To maintain close working relationships with sales personnel.
- To respond to customer product or service complaints in a timely manner, carrying out customer visits when required.
- To operate to agreed product quality standards, BSI conformance and ISO 9001 quality requirements, responding to internal quality audits and external customer complaints.
- To maintain routine raw material, in process and finished goods inspections, reacting to all variations of product performance
- To identify all slow moving products and take action to avoid loss of product or financial performance
- To report on all raw materials (internal & external) non-conformances, carrying out supplier visits to identify causes and solutions.
- To take active role in all new and existing product development.
Apply in the strictest of confidence to Quality Personnel (acting as an Employment Agency and Business), based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
Specialists in Permanent, Contract & Temporary Recruitment, covering; Industrial, Office & Engineering.
If we do not respond within 48 hours it's means you've not been successful at this time.
Please keep up-to-date with all of our jobs and please follow us on LinkedIn, like us on Facebook and sign-up for job alerts on our own website www.qualitypersonnel.co.uk
Thanks for reading :)
- Environmental Monitoring
- Quality Control
- Site Management
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job