Long established company based in Southend on Sea, Essex are seeking an experienced Factory Maintenance Engineer. Duties will include to maintain and improve plant operations and performance - electrical and mechanical. Attend breakdowns as required assess and carry out repairs in a timely manner. Carry out Planned Maintenance within allocated times and frequencies. Carry out buildings maintenance. Carry out and administer project and improvement works as instructed. Ensure good communication with production other Departments. Duties will include:
- Focusing on electrical matters, but must also deal with mechanical issues as instructed
- Actively engage in the implementation of lean manufacturing techniques on site, e.g rapid changeover, Kanbans, improvement teams and TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance)
- Understand and support the set up of equipment operating conditions and standards for running a variety of inputs to the plant to maximise plant yield and throughput at lowest cost
- Be involved in developing and implementing plant maintenance, servicing and monitoring programme for all key equipment
- Person specification:
- Qualified Electrical Engineer
- 16/17th Edition
- PLC diagnostic experience
- Experienced in mechanical maintenance (must be able to carry out mechanical tasks as required)
- Flexible in adapting to electrical/mechanical/FM work for sites
- Computer literate - Emails, excel, word
- Excellent diagnostic/troubleshooting skills
- Live within a commutable distance from the site
- BTEC ONC Level 3 Electrical Engineering or C&G Electrical Engineering 2565 Level 3 or similar
- 17th Edition Electrical Regulations
- 5 years' minimum post apprenticeship experience in a Multi Skilled Technician OR electrical technician position held within a medium sized manufacturing industry, processing, or FMCG.
Start salary £33,000.
40 hours per week.
12am -10pm Mon - Thurs, one week. Alternating to 6am - 2pm Mon - Fri the next.
23.5 days holiday, and Bank Holidays
Company contributory pension scheme ( 3% Matched).
Death in service benefit ( x3 salary )
Insurance based sick pay scheme
For further information contact Kim Baker, ENS Recruitment or apply today.
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'