Facility Supply Professional required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Do you have a background strategically controlling Quality, Cost, Logistics, and Development Management of component suppliers? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing / aftermarket environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
As a facility supply professional you will be responsible for managing supply network procurement related activities for IPSD Aftermarket to deliver procurement excellence and integration between Energy and Transportation (E & T) and IPSD Aftermarket. Demonstrate leadership in recognising the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment. Provides supply network solutions expertise, using Quality, Cost, Logistics, and Development Management (QCLDM) to deliver maximum value.
You will be accountable for operating and monitoring the Energy & Transportation procurement functions, as designed, to meet the defined response time, cost, quality targets enabling optimal and efficient facility operations, collaborating with IPSD Aftermarket and resolving Aftermarket specific supplier issues. Act as liaison with other corresponding Category, Facility Supply and Logistics professionals.
- To serve as the primary contact between the company and the Aftermarket supply base including filling the functional seat for commercial discussions/negotiations with suppliers of non-current parts, for the Aftermarket against his / her suppliers and drives performance excellence in Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management (QCLDM) through direct leverage with the supply base partnering with other areas of the organisation
- Leadership - Provide leadership for strategic sourcing - qualified supply network, business continuity, supplier risk management - capacity & financial contract management, supplier commercial negotiations, cost/spend management. Demonstrate leadership in recognising the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment. Promote the highest level of professionalism and business ethics.
- Strategy- Fully understand the current performance of the supply network, evaluate strategic options, decide a course of action, and begin implementation. The incumbent should ideally have a strong knowledge of the product, NPI, Facility, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Category Strategies and be able to implement Cost Reduction Projects
- Supplier Development: - Collaborate with Supplier Development Engineers, to ensure continuous improvement in QCLDM with key suppliers. Build and foster mutually beneficial supplier relationships at all organisational levels.
- Travel: The position may require occasional travel.
- Purchase Order Management - Provide expertise in the launching & management of purchase orders for a facility to in the terms of parts related to pilots, production, and supplier tooling ensuring terms are correct.
- Previous purchasing experience required
- Experience is preferred in purchasing, logistics, manufacturing, and/or engineering. The position requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Qualifications / Experience
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are required in dealing with sensitive issues, developing others, and reaching consensus on specific actions.
- This individual normally possesses Category Team or Facility Supply Team experience.
- Is experienced in leading teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions.
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skill. Previous 6 Sigma Greenbelt/Black Belt experience preferred.
- Effective communicator, in written and oral form.
- Fluent in the English language is required.
- Extremely Strong Negotiator, able to interpret, analyse and negotiate contractual cost elements.
- Understanding of QCLDM.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.