Job Title: Facility Services Assistant
Permanent, Full time
Salary: £16,300 - £20,400
What it’s about
You will have an opportunity to work in a customer service environment as part of a great team. You will be at the heart of the action, working in a fast paced environment. You will have the opportunity to progress and grow in your career, learning new skills and expanding on current skills.
You will require great customer service skills, a keen eye for detail, sound IT skills and adaptability, so if this sounds like you then read on.....
What you’ll be doing
- Providing a consistently high level of customer service through Front of House Services in line with business agreed SLAs.
- Ensuring all room services are managed including set up, daily checks, restocking and fault investigation of rooms and equipment (both IT and non-IT) to support business and customers’ needs, including recording and escalating issues as required.
- Managing the internal and external postal system, ensuring prompt delivery and collection of mail throughout the building
- Maintain strict control and tracking of script materials whilst they are within our building
- Ensure helpdesk calls and general building works are prioritised and proactively managed to ensure minimum downtime, including carrying out work in a safe and effective manner, while complying with Group policies and statutory requirements
- Liaise and work with management on projects to ensure office furniture moves carried out efficiently to minimise business disruptions and costs, keeping storage areas clean and correctly stocked up at all times.
- Supervise and collaborate with external contractors as required, ensuring all relevant information and work permits are checked, inductions are completed and correct paperwork is completed in line with Group Policies and statutory requirements before being handed over to the Premises Administration Team
- Where necessary, or requested by management, assist with security matters particularly in regard to front desk cover, visitor greeting and management throughout the day ensuring compliance with the Group’s Security Policy.
- Assist with the management and co-ordination of any emergency responses as required
- Ensure compliance with all Group’s policies and procedures and legislative requirement, including but not limited to, Health and Safety, Fire, Chaperoning, Contractor Management, Food Hygiene, Security, and Uniform Policies.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate will have a ‘can do’ attitude; committed and motivated to provide 100% customer satisfaction. They will have confidence in their approach to tasks and will take full pride in their personal appearance.
The successful candidate will need:
- IT Skills - Microsoft Office/ Internet
- High Attention to detail
- Experience working in a customer service, concierge or support service environment
Although not essential an NVQ L2 in Customer Service and First Aid qualification are advantageous.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment agency, employing over 2,500 staff internationally and incorporating three major awarding bodies. We play a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 01/11/2018 and interviews will be held on the following week..
Going forward all Job Description content will be incorporated into the body of our Job Adverts. This allows candidates to read all the job information no matter where they have seen the job role. A separate job description document may be sent out at the interview invite stage but will include the same content as our advert.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'