Reporting to the Facility Leader, the Facility Operator conducts the blending and associated operations for the Didcot Technology Centre. They are responsible for the blending of all larger scale blends and final filtration of products used for engine testing and customer sampling. The role also involves maintenance of inventory, stock-taking and tasks associated with the upkeep of inventory in the facility. The facility operates a split shift working pattern and the Facility Operator would be required to work this pattern. Ideally, we are looking for a candidate that has experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, with a strong commitment to safety.
What we can expect from you
- Blending of finished oils and packages to tight tolerances
- Undertake a variety of roles within the facility as required
- Maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping & inventory control
- Work as part of a team
- Carry out activities in a way that meets technical and quality standards with minimal supervision
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group
- Ad-hoc administration activities within Technology Services
What will you gain from this role?
- Opportunity to interact across technology groups
- Expanded skills in warehouse management and inventory control procedures
- Familiarisation of additive applications within lubes technology
A successful candidate is likely to have
- Commitment to good inventory management practices
- A high regard for both safety and quality
- The ability to handle 210 litre drums, 25 litre drums and other equipment associated with blending activities
- A customer focussed approach
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Enthusiasm and motivation to succeed in the role
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- A Fork Lift Truck licence or be prepared to undertake training in this area
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Communication Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Forklift Operator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"