Gowling WLG is an international law firm created by Gowlings, a leading Canadian law firm, and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co (WLG), a leading UK-based international law firm. We built Gowling WLG to provide clients with legal services at home and around the world, and to help you succeed no matter how challenging the circumstances.
Gowling WLG clients have access to in-depth expertise in key global sectors along with a top-tier suite of legal services. With more than 1,400 legal professionals across offices in 18 cities worldwide and specialised expertise in countries around the globe, we’re positioned to help clients rise to the challenges they face - both today and tomorrow.
Main Purpose of the Job
To effectively and proactively support in the leading and management of the Workspace Management function. Ensuring a high quality service is provided to building users. To support the Workspace Manager in day to day operations of the service provision.
To be the natural number two for the Workspace Manager and deputise in their absence.
This role will be mainly based at Two Snowhill Birmingham but will also require travel to our other offices.
- Internal - Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders across our legal and business services teams (Finance, BIS, BD, Operations wider team, Practice office managers and users)
- External - Build and maintain strong relationships with third party service providers
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Workspace/Facilties Manager and wider team in delivering excellent service delivery.
- Day to day management of general office services
- To support in maintaining facilities management /Workspace solutions aspects of ISO accreditations, working closely with key stakeholder's across the business
- Actively contribute to developing and maintaining a highly engaged and motivated wider Operations team. Proactively manage and implement projects related to FM and workspace management
- Provide management information and statistics; including space utilisation, building occupancy data, financial analysis and Environmental impacts/targets
- Co-ordinate small moves including departmental and individual desk moves
- Assist and support refurbishment projects and focus group sessions
- Liaise with Practice Operations Managers to identify strategic growth plans to ensure workplace changes are proactively identified
- Support in the delivery and achievement of environmental targets as set out by the FM and Environment Manager
- Manage and advise on the health and safety policies for the firm
- Support in Developing an integrated QSHE plan (Quality, Safety Health and Environment) owning the actions and agenda
- Implement and review risk assessments and company safety policies ensuring that legislative requirements are met
- Manage and co-ordinate an effective health & safety training resource, including induction training;
- Support in the supervision of the Workspace Administrator and Maintenance Operatives
- Any other reasonable duties delegated by any Partner or Senior Manager of the firm.
Key skills and experience
- BIFM 4 or above or willing to undergo training to achieve qualification
- NEBOSH General Certificate (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent administration skills with strong skills in Excel
- Self-motivated, confident individual, who is able to work under pressure for multiple clients, whilst delivering excellent client service
- Comprehensive statutory and regulatory knowledge and understanding
- Demonstrable facilities management / workplace management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify and proactively manage risk
- Willingness to travel between all UK offices to ensure the single team ethos is maintained across the team.
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion, caste or belief, age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnerships, surrogacy, adoption and parental rights. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.