We are currently working in partnership with a high profile government sponsored national project in the Milton Keynes area. They are seeking a Facilities Technician for their laboratory.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The role of the Facilities Technician is to provide assistance to the Facilities Manager in the maintenance of the facility.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working as part of team the job holder must be able to work under their own initiative to cope with rearranged priorities. The job holder will interact with staff and visitors and must therefore be able to maintain a friendly and courteous attitude at all times. Working 5 days out of 7 days shift pattern including weekends.
Support the facilities department through:
1. Carry out an intensive programme of planned preventive maintenance (PPM) for all company buildings and utilities.
2. Carry out routine checks and inspection of facilities and equipment to include fault finding, problem solving and minor repairs (examples include Air Handling Units, Air Conditioning Units)
3. Electrical works, including all minor electrical installation & repairs, planned and executed in such a way as to minimise risk or inconvenience to others.
4. Liaise with and support the Laboratory First Line Engineer in fixing minor breakdowns and issues with laboratory and scientific equipment.
5. Ensure there are adequate supplies of spares on site for commonly used parts or those with a long lead time.
6. Contact external contractors as required and accompany/assist them whilst on site.
7. Ensure full and timely reporting of all major breakdowns, significant problems, repair requirements, delays or machine down time to relevant personnel.
8. Set up conference rooms for meetings and help with office moves (moving furniture and equipment etc).
9. Respond to emails and/or face to face requests from staff to undertake repairs, order supplies, or troubleshoot building issues.
10. Approximately once a month, travel to the Oxford site to undertake facilities work.
11. Assist with all aspects of the upkeep of the grounds, roadways and car parks.
12. Must have a proactive approach to building maintenance.
·City & Guilds 2365 (at least Level 3 or above)
·GCSE or equivalent in Maths’ and English.
·Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
·Basic understanding of health and safety and its application to the working environment.
·Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
·Ability to understand and follow instructions and procedures.
·Ability to work well as part of a team.
·Basic understanding of Microsoft Office suite of software (Excel, Word, Outlook and the Internet).
·A knowledge of manual handling and the ability lift to lift and carry objects.
Full driving licence
- Electrical Installation
- Manual Handling
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'