Facilities technician, facilities maintenance, facilities, temporary, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire
The Facilities Technician supports the facilities manager (FSM) in providing reactive and pre planned maintenance services. This will encompass building fabric, site waste management and assistance on grounds maintenance and cleaning related issues. A key customer contact supporting your FM, responsible for ensuring that the planned and reactive maintenance is delivered to the agreed standard across the cluster.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Delivery of the physical workplace experience in a single or multiple customer locations
- Delivering our service commitments, maintaining high standards of QHSE, control cost, drive service improvement activity and improve customer satisfaction
- Building and sustaining effective relationships within the customer organisation
- Work in line with the Health & Safety policy, ensuring that safe systems of work are always adopted whilst creating a safe working environment for our customers and colleagues alike
- Ensure compliance with all processes, procedures and statutory requirements
- Provide general building fabric maintenance and repairs as identified
- Carry out external and internal building works when required to ensure sites are kept in good order. This is to include, but not restricted to:
- Litter picking
- Clear roads, paths, car parks and other hard standing
- Clear surface drains and gullies of obstruction and ensure they are fully effective
- Ensure the boundaries, roadways, parking areas and pathway road marking (including signage) are visible and no overhanging plants are present
- Undertaking cleaning audits as required
- Windows and frames
- Waste management and associated L8 routines
- Internal fabric, signage, fixtures and fittings
- General facilities activities (e.g. mail and print area maintenance)
- Fire alarm testing
- Work with the CFU, waste champions and yard marshalls, to comply with the CBRE and BT waste management policy.
- Comply with our environmental policy ensuring that the company and individual environmental responsibilities are met.
- Ensure e-log books are completed in a timely and accurate manner and are maintained in accordance with procedures.
- Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of our building services delivery as directed by your facilities manager.
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Fully conversant with all relevant QHSE procedures & requirements. COSHH, working at heights, risk assessment etc.
- Diligent with an eye for quality and attention to detail, acting with a sense or urgency to put things right for customers
- Ability to constructively challenge established thinking and implement new practices or approaches for the benefit of the customers in BT buildings
- IT literate
- Good customer relationship skills
- Full UK driving license required (in most situations)
If you are interested in this role please contact Charlotte at Hays Nottingham on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'