Facilities and Resources Assistant
Location: ACL Colchester however travels between centres as and when required.
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week. Role to be based on a shift pattern to include some Saturday working. (Mon to Fri : 06.30 - 14.30 or 14.30 - 22.30). ½hr reduction on Fri's arranged locally to suit). Sat 08.00 - 16.00 (TOIL scheduled locally to suit).
Salary: £15,200 - £23,200 per annum
Essex Adult Community Learning is undergoing significant transformational change to further enhance customer focus and quality of service to address the need to be a business focussed commercial organisation. The Facilities & Resources Assistant will be responsible for delivering effective site maintenance programmes to ensure a safe and clean environment for customers.
Job Purpose Summary:
Main duties will include organising and carrying out effective caretaking and cleaning of the centre, as well as monitoring Health and Safety requirements to ensure that standards are met and are suitable for use at all times. Auditing processes will be undertaken for hired accommodations in accordance with business requirements.
Non Line Manager Core Accountabilities
* Understand the needs of your customers and deliver the best outcomes through exemplar behaviour in accordance with ECC's Values and Core Organisational Behaviours.
* Show willingness to contribute to the development of organisational capability by undertaking training activity where required.
* Thinking creatively, and constructively challenging the norms of those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement and commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in colleagues.
* Take responsibility for identifying risk including Health and Safety and Business Continuity and carry out appropriate action.
* Work as part project/ process teams as required, ensuring excellent cross functional output.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
* To oversee the security of and access to the site to include locking /unlocking of the building, setting and turning off alarms and checking them regularly. Acting as key-holder in an emergency and responding to calls outside normal working hours
* To undertake caretaking and cleaning processes to ensure an efficient and effective service is provided for staff, learners and customers.
* To prevent unauthorised access to the site and unauthorised parking of vehicles where possible within the appropriate policies and codes of practice.
* To organise periodic Emergency evacuation of premises in line with Health & Safety codes of practice.
* Maintain an inventory of the centres equipment, updating as necessary and reviewing on an annual basis.
* To test electrical equipment and undertake Health & Safety Risk Assessments, including external premises that might be used by the service, and ensure policies and procedures are adhered to. Check functioning of ancillary equipment.
* Monitor systems and equipment ensuring they meet health & safety requirements including portable appliance testing.
* To monitor contractors and other personnel working on the site and buildings, ensuring work carried out in accordance to specification and in compliance with health & safety procedures.
* Ensure all hard areas and paths are free from litter and drains and gullies are free flowing and clean. Clear snow paths and provide access to premises in all weathers as far as possible.
* To maintain the grounds and heating plant to ensure temperatures and hot water are maintained.
* To help Manage stock, order and delivery of cleaning materials, and other supplies, materials and goods.
* To identify and prioritise maintenance requirements and prepare and organise work programmes. To arrange and undertake first line repairs and maintenance, ensuring the most effective use of resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of cleaning, caretaking and maintenance activities.
- Exemplar experience of Health & Safety regulations and policies/procedure's.
- Proven understanding of Health & Safety and manual handling policies.
- Literacy and numeracy skills Level 2
- Good level of IT skills.
- Experience of planning and delivering work programmes
- Driving licence and ability to travel throughout the county as required.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Facilities Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job