Facilities Operative 1 Year Contract - Cambridge - £18,300
Have you ever wanted to work for a company that gives as much as you?
Then Mears Group would be the perfect company from you. No matter what role you take on, you are valued as much as the next. With a great company benefit scheme as well as opportunities for progression, who wouldn’t want to work for Mears Group?
We have a great opportunity for a Facilities Operative to join this vibrant busy team on a 1 Year Fixed Term Contract,
Hours for this role are a Shift pattern from 8.30am to 5.30pm and 10am to 7pm on a Monday to Sunday rota. We are offering a Salary of £18,300 for the ideal candidate plus some great additional Benefits.
Who are we?
This role will be based at our fabulous new campus location working internally and externally on a variety of projects here on site in North West Cambridge. A varied role no 2 days are the same, the role will suit someone who likes working as part of a dynamic team.
The new development consists of a school, nursery, community centre, offices, flats and private residential houses. The role will involve the cleaning and maintenance of the development as a whole, being proactively involved in social and community activities and contributing to the smooth daily running of all buildings and public services. role will involve using a pole fed system your day to day tasks. If you have previous experience working within this sector as well as having a strong customer focus then this job will be perfect for you!
What will the role involve
- Cleaning of site facilities under his or her control in accordance with the cleaning specification; to include but not limited to cleaning of site communal areas, grounds, public walkways and roads.
- Cleaning in the afternoon of the University of Cambridge Primary School, with responsibility of locking up and ensuring the building is left safe and secure.
- To carry out mobile foot patrols on site to act as a deterrent for criminal activity and to participate in the response to any incidents reported.
- Complete reports by recording observations and occurrences and work closely with the local police to investigate and resolve any issues.
- Provide support for other team members and managers.
- Work in accordance with any Risk Assessment, Method Statement or Safe System of Work
- Develop a concern for personal safety and the safety of others
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for candidates who have worked in a similar environment across cleaning, facilities, caretaking of maintenance.
- Key to the role is the ability to be reactive, proactive and work as part of a busy team, a keenness to learn and progress is essential.
- The campus is very customer focused so exceptional levels of communication and patience is required.
- We are a dedicated Team and look for candidates who have a flexible approach to working rotas and hours,and be able to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter.
- All applicants will be subject to an enhanced clearance via PVG, Disclosure Scotland/CRB
What's in for you?
Competitive basic salary - £18,300
20 days annual leave (based on full-time hours)
Generous Pension Scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
Eye Test Vouchers
Employee Assistance Programme
Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include Alton Towers, Drayton Manor
Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
Use and access to the latest technology
Mears is also committed to a policy of equality and diversity, and positively welcomes applications from all sections of the community, please submit your application below and our recruitment team will be in contact.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'