Have you ever wanted to work for a company that gives back as much as you?
We have a great opportunity to join this vibrant busy team working as a Facilities Operative, this role will be based at our fabulous new campus location working internally and externally on a variety of projects here on site in North West Cambridge.
A varied role no 2 days are the same, the role will suit someone who likes working as part of a dedicated team.
The Facilities Operative role is a permanent position working Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm, you will also work a weekend rota [1 in 8 weekends]. We are offering a Salary of £18,300 for the ideal candidate.
This new development consists of a school, nursery, community centre, offices, flats and private residential houses. The role will involve using a pole fed system your day to day tasks. If you have previous experience working within this sector as well as having a strong customer focus then this job will be perfect for you!
This role will involve
- Cleaning of site facilities under his or her control in accordance with the cleaning specification; to include but not limited to cleaning of site communal areas, grounds, public walkways and roads.
- Cleaning in the afternoon of the University of Cambridge Primary School, with responsibility of locking up and ensuring the building is left safe and secure.
- To carry out mobile foot patrols on site to act as a deterrent for criminal activity and to participate in the response to any incidents reported. Complete reports by recording observations and occurrences and work closely with the local police to investigate and resolve any issues.
- Provide support for other team members and managers.
- Read, Understand and Comply with the SHE Policy and Procedures
- Always work in accordance with any Risk Assessment, Method Statement or Safe System of Work
- Comply with the DSE Regulations
- Develop a concern for personal safety and the safety of others
- Co-operate with the company in all matters pertaining to SHE
- Report and Record any Personal Injury or Occupational Health matter and ensure you inform your line manager
- Ensure you are aware of local First Aiders, Welfare Provision and Emergency Procedures
- Report and Record Near Miss situations
- Take care of your own health and safety and the safety of others
We are looking for candidates who have worked in a similar environment across cleaning, facilities, caretaking of maintenance. Key to the role is the ability to be reactive, proactive and work as part of a busy tea, a keenness to learn and progress is essential. The campus is very customer focused so exceptional levels of communication and patience is required. The interested candidate will also need a flexible approach to working rotas and hours, and be able to work with minimal supervision and be a self-starter.
All applicants will be subject to an enhanced clearance via PVG, Disclosure Scotland/CRB
The Benefits of working at Mears we want to take care of our employees, that's why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistance Programme, to take care of your well-being. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, access to Mears Rewards giving you discounts on a various high street brands, housing bills, holidays and more. Plus Excellent career progression. We offer a friendly and flexible working environment, excellent training and development opportunities and 25 days holiday entitlement along with bank holidays. Mears offer a company pension, life insurance and share scheme along with other fun benefits!
Mears is also committed to a policy of equality and diversity, and positively welcomes applications from all sections of the community, please submit your application below and our recruitment team will be in contact.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'