Facilities Manager needed for busy school in Coventry January start
Your new school
Hays Education are looking for a Facilities Manager to work in a busy Secondary school based in Coventry. It will be thirty seven hours per week all year round. A flexible approach to working hours will be required. Job purpose is to; deliver the effective and efficient management of all aspects of the day to day running and maintenance of the school site, working with and managing site services staff.
Your new role
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities Manage and monitor all aspects of the running and maintenance of the school site including;
- Ensure all aspects of site health and safety and site related risks to business continuity are proactively and effectively identified, evaluated managed and controlled.
- Plan and ensure that site services and support services provision is in place during school opening times, including holiday periods and for school events
- Manage building and site security
- Ensure that site services team promptly responds to requests
- Carry out / arrange regular internal and external audits and inspections
- Manage the site services allocated budget
- Report on, carry out and progress repairs and other maintenance work
- Source and order parts and materials
- Oversee the management of school letting requests, and any associated complaints
- Assist the site services team with the daily setting out and movement of furniture to support school operations
A more detailed job description can be provided upon application.
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for those with; a facilities supervisory/management related qualification, be proactive and responsive - able to anticipate needs and to a work, the ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop, physically able to carry out the role of senior site service officer subject to reasonable adjustments. You will still need to be able to undertake general maintenance tasks and works including carpentry, plumbing, glazing, plastering, building and decorating.
The type of experience we are looking for in a candidate is; worked within a site service or maintenance role, preferably a similar role in a school environment, managed health and safety, managed contractors, budget management and managed a small team of people.
An existing knowledge of the following is also preferable; statutory building compliance, carrying out risk assessments, health and safety requirements including COSHH, hard and soft building services, Asbestos management.
What you'll get in return
You will have your very own dedicated consultant that work exclusively with schools in the Coventry area. They will support you throughout your career and help secure reoccurring temporary or a permanent position should this be something you require. Working through Hays you will also receive a range of employee benefits including free CPD as well as advice and support on CV writing and interview techniques. If you are interested in registering or wish to find out more information about Support Staff within education in the Coventry area, please call Nina Williams on .
If you're not interested but know someone that is then we run a Refer-A-Friend Scheme. If you refer non-classroom-based Support Staff candidates to us and we get them work, then you will receive £250 in vouchers to spend on the high street.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'