Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 DOE
Our client is a large corporate firm looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to join their established team, you will have previous experience working in professional services ideally law, a track record of lease management and office relocation and a comprehensive knowledge of health and safety legislation/compliance.
You will be responsible for managing the upkeep and security of the firm’s premises and office equipment (other than IT) in the firm’s London, Southampton and Munich offices and to ensure that the building and office procedures comply with Building Regulations and H&S legislation firm wide.
Duties for the Facilities Manager will include:
- Ensuring the buildings, facilities and office equipment are maintained to a high standard
- Developing and implementing health and safety policies and procedures which ensure firm wide compliance with Building Regulations & Health and Safety Legislation
- Producing and implementing a planned / routine maintenance schedule
- Ensuring that planned and remedial maintenance works are carried out promptly with no or minimal disruption to business activities
- Seeking competitive tenders for any works, supplies and services needed.
- Liaising with the landlords of the buildings on building issues relating to the lease.
- Taking responsibility for the security of the buildings and their contents, ensuring that the alarm systems and building security systems e.g. CCTV, are working properly and that staff are trained in their use as appropriate.
- Organising the testing of fire alarms and extinguishers and carrying out fire drills on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that appropriate health and safety training is planned and conducted as appropriate
- Supervising all mail room operations including post, faxes and couriers.
- Overseeing the reception areas and meeting rooms to ensure that presentation standards are maintained at all times
- Ensuring that meeting room bookings and requirements are actioned, and that rooms and equipment are set up as required in advance
- Overseeing the maintenance and re-ordering of stationery stocks ensuring high quality and reasonable cost.
- Managing the cleaning contracts and liaising with the cleaning contractor on day-to-day cleaning matters.
- Managing the building services maintenance contracts
- Managing space planning based on recruitment plans
- Handling internal office moves and requests for additional furniture.
- Overseeing the archiving function.
- Assisting with the identification of new premises and space planning
- Managing relocation to new premises as required.
- Managing the Southampton facilities team and overseeing the outsourced London reception team
- Liasing with the outsourced London reception team service provider and ensuring that service levels and are clients are maintained to a high standard
- Undertaking such other duties as the Director of HR and Business Operations and the Partners may from time to time reasonably require.
The successful Facilities Manager will have:
- Professional qualification in Facilities Management from an appropriate body (e.g. BIFM, IFMA)
- Facilities Management experience with a practical understanding of commercial property management, including building refurbishment, building and technical services, administration services, and maintenance of plant equipment.
- Relevant health and safety qualifications (such as NEBOSH or equivalent) and practical application of these
- Good communication skills with proven experience of communicating up to senior executive level are essential
- Strong people management skills
- Experience of managing finances/budgets
- Strong project management skills
- Proven experience of managing contractors
- Experience of writing policies and procedures
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willingness and ability to be hands on when needed
- Experience of working in a Partnership will be advantageous
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and CAD are essential.
If you are interested in the Facilities Manager position, then either call us on or e-mail your CV to us
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'