Workspace Community Manager
We are an established community of over 60 close knit small and start-up businesses that occupy part of a trading estate. The business offers small workspace units on flexible short term lets with an inclusive service. The current licensees range from artists and recording studios to wood and metal workers.
Exciting and rare opportunity for a friendly, motivated, and persistent person to build, maintain and support 80 of the next generation of start-up businesses by providing on site facilities and business support services.
The successful candidate will be able to forge strong professional relationships with occupants and staff, meet business targets and pro-actively drive the business forward.
- Ensuring that health and safety standards and site rules are adhered to by contractors and licensees
- Managing the property cycle to meet targets from marketing vacant units to ensuring orderly exit
- Managing licensees of occupied units in respect of their requirements and ensuring that they comply with the obligations under their license agreements
- The Manager will ensure that the site is properly maintained
- Dealing with utility companies and providers in respect of the provision of services to the site
- Maintaining key registers, records and drafting monthly management reports
- Maintaining accounts of all expenditure and in respect of payments due and paid by licensees
- Proactively build strong relationships with licensees and other stakeholders, liaising with them on a day to day basis
- Creating a dynamic business community with regular events including on evenings or weekends
- Facilitating networking in and out of regular working hours
- Willingly tackle problems which stand in the way of achieving results and have a flexible and adaptable approach to changing situations
- Approachable and communicative
- Strong time management, organisational skills and the ability to multi task
- High degree of self-discipline and ability to work effectively alone
- Ability to create a network of contacts to promote the site and source knowledge and resources
- Ability to negotiate rates and terms with licensees and service providers and take necessary action for licensees who fall into arrears
- Technically proficient in excel, maintaining registers, monitoring of KPIs and a basic understanding of accounting and book keeping
- General working knowledge of how to build a business
- The ability to apply logic and solve problems independently for both the management business and licensees
- Experience within a client facing role
- Experience with facilities management and development
- Health and safety awareness
- HSE qualifications
- Forklift Driver
- Valid UK driving license
- Marketing and social media experience
Pay package is competitive and partly performance based. £22,500 basic salary + 5% of turnover. This would equate to over £40,000 for each of the last three years with a minimum of £36,000 and the potential for the right candidate to reach £50,000+ within 2 years.
Please Note: When applying for one of our vacancies, we will create a private application on our website so that the employer can view and respond to you. If you would like to update or remove your CV from our website, you can login and delete it at any time. We will send you login details when the application is made.
- Business Support
- Business Targets
- Build Strong Relationships
- Service Providers
- Utility Companies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job