We have a vacancy for a newly created position of Facilities Manager to lead the facilities & building team at Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal. The role will report to the General Manager and, working collaboratively with the management team & regional colleagues, will ensure we deliver excellent standards of presentation, maintenance and conservation.
- What you'll be doing
Within this role you will be responsible for managing the facilities management team and the building team (12 reportees) at this World Heritage Site. Although you will report to the General Manager, you will have a dotted line to the Business Support Manager who leads on Operational Risk monitoring & energy issues and work closely with the Head of Conservation and the regional Building Surveyor.
Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal is one of the most visited properties in the Trust and this new role reflects our vision to be hugely busy and magnificent, to grow into our World Heritage status, and to be a flagship for the Trust. The recent changes to the staff structure that have created this role have been as a direct result of monitoring our business plan delivery in 2017, and recognising where issues exist that are impacting upon our ability to deliver our bold ambitions. Our focus in the medium term is on improving our infrastructure, interpretation and presentation to a level expected of a World Heritage Site and Flagship for the Trust. We have significant infrastructure investment in the years ahead and the key task for this role will be to lead the team to deliver the highest possible standards in everything they do.
Please also read the full role profile and further job detail documents attached to this advert.
- Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you'll need to have;
- An understanding of building management and maintenance supported by relevant vocational experience or professional qualification
- Good experience of managing operational risk
- Experience of project management & planned maintenance
- Leadership skills, including coaching, team development, communication
- Experience of working with contractors as well as understanding reward, recognition and motivation
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and written)
- The package
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
- Communication Skills
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job