The role of the Facilities Manager is paramount within the luxury retirement village to maintain and develop the services which support and improve the effectiveness of the primary activities. The role encompasses multi-disciplinary activities within the built environment and the management of their impact upon people and the workplace.
Our client, based in Chalfont, provide a service to their owners. they provide the perfect balance of independent living and community, all within a beautiful and secure environment.
The Facilities Manage will provide a safe and efficient working and living environment, which is essential to the performance of the village and the lifestyle of our owners. Alongside this the Facilities Manager will;
- Take responsibility for the general upkeep of all properties to a high standard whilst carrying out maintenance, gardens & grounds and heavy housekeeping duties.
- Take responsibility of all legislative controls, processes and procedures working closely with Village Manager, Area General Manager and departmental staff/
- Take supervision of the management, development, rostering and welfare of departmental staff.
- Ensure the smooth running of the maintenance, grounds & gardens and heavy housekeeping of the village.
- To have good all-round technical knowledge and experience of general trades and a practical disposition
- To action any maintenance concerns highlighted in a timely fashion.
- To ensure all stock and equipment is secure and stored as per standard and legislative compliance.
- To ensure the efficient operation of services and equipment such as the communication system, alarm system, fire alarm system and appliances, lifts etc. Ensure that all legislative controls, checks and maintenance are adhered to
- To ensure daily, weekly and monthly administration is to company standards and meets deadlines including stocks, payroll and operational expenditure reporting etc.
The successful Facilities Manager will have the following attributes;
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE with grade C or above in Maths and English
- Good technical electrical and mechanical skills along with knowledge of Health & Safety working practices, COSHH, RIDDOR etc.
- Experience in managing budgets and controlling costs (expenses & payroll)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Lead manage and motivate a small team as well as being part of a larger team Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and produce creative solutions
- Need to be quality driven with a logical and methodical approach
Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Facilities Manager