One of our most prestigious clients in Southeast London is about to open their brand new, latest and most advanced automated warehouse imminently. Due to this on-going expansion plan, they are looking for permanent hands-on Facilities Manager who are excited about the opportunity in being part of a successful high tech set up of this 500k+ square-foot logistics depot.
The Facilities Manager will be accountable for the day to day management of all the services that support the operational performance of the site which includes general cleaning, security, loss prevention, canteen provision, consumables and the on-site Employee Support Centre.
Our client is the largest and fastest growing business in their sector with national presence providing amazing benefits to its employees. They are offering a salary of between £40,000-£43,000 per annum (dependent on experience), amazing pension scheme, 15% discount on shopping, amazing state of the art facilities, private healthcare, life insurance and childcare vouchers. In addition they offer a culture of professional development to enhance your skills and boost your chance of career progression.
The role would suit someone who has managed a big site in a distribution, production or warehouse environment previously as a Site Services Manager or Facilities Manager preferably within a high tech environment.
As the Facilities Manager, your duties will include:
- Managing effective use of CCTV and coordinating a loss prevention programme inclusive of security provision for the site.
- Managing inventory across all support services areas
- Coordinating and controlling the use of consumables and operational assets
- Providing support to the Senior Management team for one off functions and events to react to a changing environment across a large flagship site
- Ensuring that general cleaning for all floor spaces, offices, toilets and identified areas are meeting the agreed standards
- Controlling office supplies into the site when required
- Food vending and restaurant support will be managed via a third party for who you will manage the SLA and relationship with.
- Any ad hoc employee support events meet objectives that are set by the Senior Team as part of the overall site operating plan.
- Line management responsibility for the Central stores team.
- Monitoring the performance against agreed targets & standards
- Ensuring safe systems of work are complied with and operated within your work area including working practices
- Providing appropriate training & supervision especially for new & modified equipment
- Communicating and coordinating daily operational correspondence, it has to be consistent, clear & effective
- Safeguarding high levels of communication with internal and external customers
- Working with internal customers to consider and implement new procedures to reduce absence levels with the support of HR
- Understanding and applying the company policies and procedures
- Conducting all recruitment processes where required drawing on own and operational resources
- Welcoming and supporting all new members to the team, providing additional support required in order to minimise new starter turnover. Administering new starter probationary process
The successful Facilities Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience of facilities management, including the management of third party contractors and site services providers
- Strong people management experience gained in a production, distribution and / or warehouse environment
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to engage large numbers of teams
- Be experienced in managing employee welfare issues, therefore strong interpersonal skills are key
- Strong problem solving skills, able to negotiate effectively with both internal and external parties.
As a Facilities Manager, you will be required to work from Monday to Friday, completing a 40 hour work per week. Flexibility is required at this point as you will be involved in working in a pre-go live environment to ensure a smooth warehouse operation before the official launching.
This is an exciting opportunity for Site Services Manager, Services Manager or Facilities Manager to be involved in an exciting project from the start, learning world leading technology through a testing and commissioning phase to implanting a market leading culture.
In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary between £40,000-£43,000 per annum (dependent on experience), amazing pension scheme, 15% discount on shopping, private healthcare, life insurance, childcare vouchers, free shares and award winning training and progressive career development.
*** Site Services Manager , Facilities Manager , Services Manager, Outsourced Contracts , Facilities Contract Manager , Logistics , Distribution , Production , Warehouse , Delivery , Automation , Dartford , Dagenham , Purfleet , Barking , Southeast London , London ***
- Facilities Manager
- Services Manager
- Facilities Contract Manager
- Outsourced Contracts
- *** Site Services Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job