Chandler Garvey is a privately-owned firm of Chartered Surveyors and Commercial Property Consultants based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire with a network of offices covering the Chilterns and Thames Valley region.
Chandler Garvey has a rapidly expanding property management department that manages numerous sites throughout the region, ranging from small retail and residential investments for private clients, up to large business parks and industrial estates for high-profile clients and funds. A full-time Facilities Manager is now required to join the team and play a crucial role developing the department further.
Apart from commercial property management, we have also become increasingly involved in residential block management and this is an area of our business where we anticipate significant growth in the near future. It is therefore important that the successful applicant has a good understanding of the key requirements of managing residential blocks as well as commercial buildings. However, specific block management awareness training can be provided if necessary.
Role and Responsibilities
This is a full time role, although consideration will be given to individuals that are able to work a minimum of 25 hours per week. The role would suit a more experienced candidate who has possibly come from a London-based role and is perhaps looking to work more flexibly or closer to home; or someone with less experience who looking to progress their career and take on some more responsibility with a role that they can grow into.
The role is to support the Head of Property Management with overseeing all aspects of facilities management, health & safety and service charge budgeting and expenditure across the managed portfolio. You will have experience and a good working knowledge of the relevant RICS guidance, dealing with tenants, service charges, managing contractors, tendering/procurement, landlord & tenant law, M&E and fire safety regulations.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Maintaining all buildings to the highest standards in terms of condition and safety
- Acting as a point of contact for tenants/clients regarding all facilities matters
- Arranging and overseeing reactive maintenance jobs and liaising with our 24hr helpdesk provider
- Tendering/procuring proactive hard and soft FM and other contracts and monitoring contractor performance against KPI’s and SLA’s
- Regular site inspections and attending tenant meetings/AGM’s
- Ensuring compliance with all aspects health & safety, fire risk management and plant/M&E maintenance
- Assisting the Head of Property Management with client reporting, service charge budgeting, end of year reconciliations and forward funding/capex project
- Maintaining records and keeping the firm’s property management software updated
- Managing utilities contracts and negotiating terms to ensure clients and occupiers are receiving best value
- Reviewing RAMS and operating permit to work schemes with contractors
- Managing vacant properties and mitigating risks and costs arising
The successful applicant will be required to spend a good deal of time on-site and travelling and therefore working effectively under their own initiative is imperative, as is the ability to work as a key member of the property management team in delivering the firm’s wider objectives.
We have built up excellent relationships with our clients and occupiers through professionalism, good communication and a proactive 'can do’ approach. The successful candidate will be expected to carry these values and be confident in dealing with clients, contractors and tenants and furthering these relationships.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Educated to degree level with IOSH, NEBOSH, BIFM, ARMA or similar relevant qualifications
- Clean UK driving licence and own vehicle
- Excel and general PC literacy essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Facilities Management
- Fire Safety
- Site Inspections