EB5127 Facilities Manager
Salary: £32.000 DOE
Location: Walsall, West Midlands
We are looking to recruit an Facilities Manager to ensure that the portfolio of owned and leased offices and related accommodation is managed and maintained efficiently and provides a positive environment for colleagues and visitors. The role of Facilities Manager is a very busy position, varied and often there will be conflicting demands. This Facilities Manager will be required to travel around the borough of Walsall.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
- Foster and develop collaborative working partnerships with colleagues, teams, contractors and suppliers.
- Coordinate the efficient keeping and availability of maintenance and associated records.
- Identify and implement short and long-term projects to make the best use of workplaces and improve efficiency.
- Coordinate planned and preventative maintenance activities in collaboration with Facilities colleagues, in-house teams and our contracted suppliers.
- Coordinate logistics, the provision of materials and associated facilities services as a result of any office changes, refurbishment works or dilapidations.
- Ensure the Facilities function complies with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Oversee all planned and preventative maintenance arrangements including any associated regulatory compliance monitoring and testing.
- Implement strategies to optimise buildings usage and reduce energy consumption.
- Lead the project management of office building, alterations, refurbishment or dilapidation works.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships which will enhance service delivery.
- Promote the interests of the company to the community and the wider housing sector.
- Act always in the interests of the company and its customers.
- Actively promote and demonstrate company values.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A level 4 BIFM qualification or qualified by experience to an equivalent level.
- Experience of Facilities Management in a multi-site environment.
- Experience of managing maintenance and scheduled works contacts.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience of successful project management.
- The ability to effectively lead and manage others.
- The ability to form and maintain productive working relationships with internal customers and external contractors and suppliers.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively in a demanding environment.
- Enthusiasm and drive to create and maintain people centred, vibrant workplaces.
- Personal and professional resilience.
- The ability to deal with conflict in an assertive and professional manner.
- Good IT skills.
- Experience of using Building and Energy Monitoring and Management Systems.
- A full driving licence.
Interested applicants in this Electrical Installation Engineer role, will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job