Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and processes in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced UK Facilities Manager, to be based at our Crawley site in West Sussex with additional responsibility for satellite offices in Warrington and Aberdeen.
This is a highly operational, “hands on” stand-alone Facilities Management position. The purpose of the role is to manage and maintain a safe and secure facility, ensuring all aspects are compliant with current EU/UK legislation and current company policies/procedures. In addition to working a standard 37.5 hour, some flexibility to work out of hours and occasional weekends will also be required.
•Monthly Emergency Lighting tests and record keeping
•Quarterly RCD/RCBO testing and record keeping
•Ad hoc Portable Appliance Testing
•Ensure all aspects of building maintenance and operation are controlled including publication of site asset specifications, contract negotiation with contractors and service providers
•Managing/Maintaining Planned preventative maintenance schedules (hands on. internal/specialist).
•Management of Impairment notifications
•Liaise with contractors to ensure compliance with site procedures and Company code of practice and regularly monitor performance
•Produce Point of Work Risk Assessments (POWRA)
•Manage and produce permits to work (Hot works, Electrical and working at height)
•Support Annual Fire Risk Assessments with EHS manager.
•Control the allocation of work environment, facilities and office equipment, and prepare capital expenditure proposals.
•Maintaining employee refreshment areas and conference room preparation.
•Responsibility for maintaining Training and Record Keeping of Fire Wardens, First Aiders and Fork Lift Truck operators
•Waste Management (Transfer of Waste) and recycling.
- City and Guilds Mechanical Engineering Craft Studies (P1,2,3 – study for 5 yrs)
- C&G Electrical Installation Theory (P1&2 – study for 3yrs)
- C&G Level 3 in Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- C&G Certification - Introduction to Legionella Training course
- IPAF - International Powered Access Federation Certification for the use of mobile working platforms
- PASMA – Prefabricated Access Suppliers & Manufacturers Association Ltd – Certification for the construction/use of mobile towers and Ladders
- NVQ2 – RTITB – Counterbalance fork lift trucks
- IEMA – Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
- iHasco Asbestos Awareness Programme
- St Johns – First Aider at Work Certification
- St Johns – Automated External Defibrillation Certification
- Fire Risk Assessment Training
Diversity is our heritage andour future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric,Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integralpart of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracingdiversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We wantour employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers weserve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation aroundflexible working