With the ever-changing facilities management industry, it is important that the Employer you choose is ready to take you and your career as far as you’d like. As a leading security and facilities management company, this company improves the lives of millions of people across the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands, by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
The company provides integrated FM services in a wide range of environments, including head offices, retail stores, utility plants, manufacturing sites, health settings, secure environments, and prestigious buildings.
Soft FM in the UK & Ireland business;
On the Leicester schools contract, the company provides a wide range of facilities managements services to 4 community colleges in the Leicester area. These services cover Soft and Harm FM, as well as Site Management duties. Under a PFI arrangement, it is contracted to provide such services for between at least a further 15 years.
As the Facilities Manager (Soft FM) your duties will include:
• Provide support for the Account Manager on all aspects of Soft FM Services and act as Deputy where required
• Act as primary liaison with School Business Managers and SPC (Semperian) to ensure an effective and cooperative working partnership
• Manage and monitor the performance of Soft FM Services in scope, including but not limited to Direct Staff Costs, Cleaning including Windows, Grounds, Pest Control and Waste Management and Furniture – Fixings - Equipment
• Ensure adherence to contractual SLAs and KPIs
• Daily monitoring of Concept system Open Task Report; ensuring all tasks logged in line with agreed protocols; liaise with Facilities Manager (Hard FM) and Site Managers to chase and close tasks within the required rectification times to minimise the possibility of incurring performance penalties
• Compile monthly statistics on Reactive and PPM tasks, in scope, including mitigation why works were not completed on time or extended for a monthly report
• Maintain planned/completed PPM/COSHH reports, in scope, for environmental, waste, etc for monthly report
• Monitor budget against actuals for Soft FM Services, including but not limited to in scope, including but not limited to Direct Staff Costs, Cleaning including Windows, Grounds, Pest Control and Waste Management and Furniture – Fixings – Equipment
• Liaise with Facilities Manager (Hard FM), Site Managers and Contract Administrator in respect of work schedules, costs, quotes and implementation of Small Works, Variations (ANCs), Damage, Misuse and Vandalism activities; supporting recharging applications through the Account Manager; produce monthly statistics and variation and damage reports for monthly performance report.
• Identify issues and monitor subcontracts in scope in conjunction with the Account Manager
• Provide advice on contract interpretation and implementation
• The responsible person in respect of the following but not limited to COSHH and relevant ISO where applicable and in scope (Appointed in SHE Matrix)
• Undertake Accident Investigation reporting and closure, plus Level 3
• Ensure compliance with company policies for all Soft FM contractor procurement to meet contractual requirements
• Liaise with Facilities Manager (Hard FM) to maintain and update Safe Systems of Work, Standard Operating Procedures for contractors in scope to ensure minimised environmental impact and safe usage
• Liaise with Facilities Manager (Hard FM), for updating and maintaining risk assessments, method statements by site/contractor staff in scope
• Maintain competencies in and provide appropriate advice and guidance to contractors/employees/management to ensure a safe working environment and compliance with H&S
• legislation and good practice
• Attend internal and external meetings as required including school SRMs, SPC and LCC meetings
• To support the direct operational activities of the Contract in respect of value for money asset management
To be a successful Facilities Manager (Soft FM) you will have the following skills and experience:
• Experience in Facilities Management (Soft FM)
• Line management experience
• Working to service performance KPIs
• Budget management
• Knowledgeable in relevant Health & Safety, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Permit to Work procedures
• Experience of CAFM systems
• IT literacy in Microsoft suite
• Full driving licence with Category Part BE
• To hold relevant DBS clearance and to meet company vetting procedures.
In return, the Facilities Manager (Soft FM) will receive a salary of £28,000 - £30,000 per annum. You will receive many benefits such as 5 weeks annual leave, contributory pension, company car, other flexible benefits.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job