An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Facilities Manager to join a highly reputable, global organisation based in central Brighton.
You will be responsible for ensuring the Facilities and Services in your location is of the highest quality, is customer focused and within budgets.
This role will require an excellent level of experience in Building Services delivery (Hard FM), Operational Services (Soft FM), Health & Safety Management, Space Planning Management, Procurement & Contract Management, Security and Incident Management.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Carry out the responsibilities of the College Health and Safety Coordinator ensuring compliance with all environmental and health and safety legislation in accordance with our Health and Safety Policy
- Provide facilities strategic planning and manage the FM operational teams, ensuring quality, compliant and cost effective services, delivered across our corporate UK Head office and a wide portfolio of educational buildings in Brighton,
- In depth knowledge of out-sourced facilities management services, finance, project delivery, capital programming and work place health and safety, ensuring all are informed of any works that may affect their working environment in timely
- Key responsibility as Senior Incident Manager responsible for incident management and liaising with the Health and Safety Manager and emergency services as appropriate with regards to significant
- Give direction to the reception services to meet the high standards expected by the College when dealing with VIP's, staff and visitors and in the case of security breaches to ensure the safety of all staff and
- Lead and chair monthly meetings (minimum) with all stakeholders and building occupants, ensuring both customer and students satisfaction to improve the workplace environment.
- Ensure suppliers meet their contractual obligations, provide appropriate risk assessments, method statements and meet health and safety and all statutory compliance
- Engage with in-house Counsel & Procurement Manager regarding the business continuity plan ensuring emergency processes are robust standardised (where appropriate) and support the strategic business continuity
- Work closely with Student Services in the utilisation of accommodation within the College estate ensuring that the use of buildings is optimised and space is configured and allocated in line with changing service
- Deliver building management and fire marshal training programmes to internal departments ensuring site representatives are fully engaged and aware of their responsibilities in relation to contractors and building
- Monitor the financial performance against expected budget, advising management of financial pressures at each site where
- The applicant will require a high degree of commercial and financial awareness and report on contractor spend on a monthly basis. The applicant will be responsible for monitoring the budget management and spend to ensure budgets are on
- Carry out regular recorded meetings with team managers, develop and lead on personal development and training programmes ensuring operational staff have the technical skills necessary to perform their role in accordance with Study Group's management schemes
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of the job as may be requested from time to
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, versatile and have the ability to work on your own with minimal supervision.
Qualifications & Training:
- BIFM qualification or evidence of on-going professional development in Facilities Managements
- IOSH (Institute of Occupational Health and Safety) H&S Management
- NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Health and Safety) General Certificate
- Understanding of building related compliance risk assessment programmes
- Demonstrable Facilities Management experience at a senior level in a large multi-site organization in both in-house and out sourced contracts
- Competent in the use of PCs and Microsoft software
- Experience of colleges and boarding facilities
- Knowledge of facilities management systems
- Experience of continuous improvement
- Knowledge of security systems
- Understanding of Environmental legislation
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly professional, forward thinking organisation. For more information, call Kat on or apply with you CV today!
This is a full time position working Monday - Friday.
Immediate start available.
Office Angels are an equal opportunity employer and are acting as a recruitment agency for this vacancy.
Please be aware we receive a lot of applicants for our roles if you have not been contacted within the next 5 days of applying for this role on this occasion you have not been successful but please go to our website for more vacancies - www.officeangels.com.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.