Our client is a private investment company with over 1,300 properties under in-house management.
- This position is to be part of that in-house property management team, currently consisting of 20 people
- To deliver an appropriate property and facilities service to tenants and customers in accordance with best industry practice, the contract terms and statutory requirements.
- To manage on-site building managers and staff in the delivery of the facilities management service.
- To work as part of the Commercial Property Management team, working alongside both the accounting, letting team and legal team members.
- To attend client, contractor and tenants meetings in connection with all aspects of the day to day property management role
Day to Day Duties
- To undertake the facilities management role in connection with a number of multi-occupied properties, consisting of central London and West End office buildings, high street retail, industrial and mixed use properties, both in the London area and Nationwide.
- To be responsible for the preparation of the service charge budgets - to be agreed in consultation with the Head of Department and the service charge accounts team.
- To have experience of supervising on-site staff and in the procurement of service contractors to undertake and perform maintenance and contract duties required at the properties under management.
- To assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and annual maintenance expenditure.
- To liaise with the accounts team on funding availability together with the managing of expenditure on a monthly basis.
- To assist in streamlining invoices from contractors at all times.
- To approve all invoices within the given authority limits.
- Liaising with tenants on all matters, whether this relates to Landlord's common areas or specific parts of the tenant's accommodation.
- To have good experience of interpreting lease clauses, liabilities and obligations.
- Experienced in the setting up of new management instructions, with particular regard to multi-occupied service charge properties, including apportioning service charge liabilities, reviewing and setting service charge budgets.
- A good understanding of property management accounts functions, including credit control, dealing with general tenant service charge queries and enquiries.
- A car driver would be preferable.
Health & Safety
- To ensure the implementation of all necessary health and safety procedures.
- To assist in special FM related projects from time to time, including major repairs/refurbishments.
- To undertake all other functions that may be required to comply with our procedures and all duties required to perform our contractual obligations.
- To show substantial commercial property management experience across all sectors.
- Preferably IOSH or NEBOSH Certificated.
- Experienced in reading leases and legal documents and interpreting repairing and maintenance responsibilities and liabilities.
- Capable of adopting a very hands on flexible and practical approach to property and Facilities Management.
- Good experience in Property Management computer software, preferably Horizon.
- To show ability to work within a team and to bring value to the team.
- Good communication skills at all levels and able to present the company in a professional manner.
- Experience with the Meridan Health and Safety Database would be preferable or similar systems.
Circa £40k depending on experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job