Facilities Manager - £17.93ph plus holiday pay SE London
Start ASAP - For 6 weeks initially
Are you an experienced Facilities Manager who can manage and coach a busy facilities team? Are you available for an immediate start? If so, get in touch.
The Facilities Manager will manage and coach the Facilities team within the Office Services Department, maintaining responsibility for managing the facilities and related services, building refurbishments, building maintenance and Health & Safety, Fire and Environmental compliance with legislation
- To maintain the buildings to a safe standard.
- Ensure all buildings meet the standard "look and feel" and are always kept to a high level of cleanliness and availability.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management and development of the Facilities team within the Office Services Department.
- To liaise with and keep colleagues at the up to date on issues relating to the operation of the Facilities function.
- Standardise the delivery of all contracted departmental services including but not limited to security, maintenance, mail, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling across all premises.
- Maintain a proactive maintenance schedule of all Facilities-related and systems services, including Building Management System software, air-conditioning, smoke detection, security detection, boilers, heating, building fabric, office interior, office exterior, carpeting, fabric and furnishings.
- Establish and maintain formal processes and performance standards to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed Facilities service levels and to lead on improvements.
- Maintain and support the operational plan to ensure best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for all buildings and meeting areas.
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services commissioned by the Facilities function and be able to demonstrate maximum value for money.
- Ensure that all premises meet health and safety, fire and environmental requirements and that all facilities comply with legislation.
- Liaise with architects, solicitors (pertaining to property and other contractual matters) and other professional advisors, contractors and sub-contractors, service suppliers and manage such contracts or contractors, in relation to service provision as required by the Office Services Manager.
- To manage ad-hoc property project work, such as building refurbishment and relocations.
- Available out of business hours if there are building problems e.g. break in, building damage/malfunction, power or electrical problems to core services such a IT rooms or similar.
- Liaise with colleagues at the on issues relating to the operation of the Facilities function, responding to queries and providing advice as appropriate.
- Continuous improvement of Facilities processes and strategy by leading on improvements to the Facilities processes and service delivery.
- Budgetary approval ability and able to order goods or services from existing suppliers to a value defined by the Office Services Manager
- Consults with the Office Services Manager for guidance on any complex issues and refers matters as appropriate.
- Liaises with the Reception Manager when appropriate to ensure communication across teams and understanding of commitments and priorities across the department.
- Able to act as the Facilities operational lead on specific Office Services projects in collaboration with other departments.
- Supports and is able to deputise for the Office Services Manager in carrying out specified tasks as required and when they are unavailable
- Holds a trades qualification in a relevant field or equivalent knowledge and understanding
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including the ability to communicate with employees and suppliers at all levels
- A strong customer focus, attention to detail and a track record of enhancing service delivery
- Knowledge and ability to manage, lead and support a team
- Procurement and Supplier Relationship Management skills. Track record of successful supplier negotiations
- Problem solving skills and ability to work autonomously with knowledge and understanding in setting and controlling budgets
- Sound working knowledge of window-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail, and the internet
- Previous exposure to performance management of both suppliers via Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Significant knowledge and understanding in a facilities/office management or building industry role
- Experience of running a multi-site operation
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
- Facilities Management
- First Aid
- Key Performance Indicators
- Microsoft Office
- Service Levels
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job