Have you ever wanted to work for a company that gives as much as you?
If so this role with us here at Mears could be of interest, We have a great opportunity for an experienced Facilities Caretaker Assistant, this will be working as part with the Team in Portree, Isle of Skye IV51 9ET . Reporting to the Operations and Facilities Manager the role involves managing the smooth operation of the premises with the support and guidance from the operations Supervisor and Facilities Manager.
The basic hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week . The working pattern will be flexible to include Saturday and Sunday and may consist of a rotating shift pattern , 5 days from 7 , or a combination of the two, depending on the needs of the Business, The annual salary is £17,000.00
Within this role,
- you will assist in the smooth operation of the premises with the support and guidance from the Facilities Supervisor or Facilities Manager and participation may be required in a call out rota to ensure an out of hours manned response.
- You will be responsible for undertaking duties relating to the day to day tasks and the safe operation of the premises, and surrounding grounds, ensuring minimal disruption to the day activities, as well as cleaning duties
In order to be successful in this role, you preferably will have previous experience of general maintenance work , cleaning , an awareness of L8 Legionellosis . You should also have above -average communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with the client, other staff members, contractors and visitors on the site
You will the need to obtain a pool plant operators ticket which will incur an enhanced rate of pay after completing successfully the course and obtaining a certificate. The ability to obtain enhanced PVG clearance via Disclosure Scotland is important and, although not essential, but preferable , candidates who are accredited to BICS cleaning standard will be desirable
Candidates for this role will possess a full UK driving Licence
Once you join the family , you will have online access to a range of voluntary and flexible benefits, including:
- Training and development
- Mears Advantage - Allowing you to save money on everything from weekly groceries, to your annual family holiday
- Mears Assist - A confidential hotline open to all colleagues , providing support on a wide range of personal and work related issues
- Long service and additional holiday leave - Colleagues who stay for long period of time at Mears are rewarded for their service
- Share Save as you Earn Scheme - Buy shares within the business for three years at a reduced price. Share in our success
- Seeing first - hand the impact you have on the lives of the people you support
We are looking for:
A candidate with great levels of communication and the ability to deal effectively with the client, other staff members, contractors and visitors to the site.
An awareness of L8 Legionella would be desirable along with a certificate in Active IQ level 3 Swimming Pool Operations or be willing to train to achieve this certificate.
The ability to obtain a satisfactory DBS Scotland check is essential and a current clean driving licence is essential. Accredited to BICS Cleaning standard desirable but not essential, as training will be given
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, that's why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistant Programme, to take care of your wellbeing. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'