Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Global Manufacturing Aerospace Company
9% non - contributory pensiona
Private Health care
Straight Days Mon Fri (38 hours per week)
A vacancy has arisen for a Facilities Maintenance Supervisor to join our world class manufacturing business in Middlesex.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager - this role is responsible for the organisation and coordination of non-production maintenance activities required to ensure that the company Sites, Buildings, Grounds and Infrastructures are maintained to a good standard and provide a safe environment for employees and visitors.
- The day-to-day coordination and direction of the Site Maintenance Team and external Sub-contractors, to complete Maintenance in an efficient and effective manner:-
- Planning of Daily PPM routines for each team member and ensuring tasks are carried out in a timely & efficient manner.
- Allocate work and direct team ensuring that the correct skills are matched with the requirements of the maintenance task.
- Ensure that team members are gainfully employed throughout working day.
- Conducting regular team briefs to ensure that the team are aware of task and objectives.
- Monitor and communicate task priorities.
- Managing employee performance, recognising exceptional performance and putting plans in place in to address poor performance where appropriate.
- Ensuring that an up to date skills matrix is in place for the Team
- Ensure that appraisals & development plans are in place for all team members.
- Participate in the recruitment and training of new recruits to the team
- Management of Routine and Reactive Maintenance tasks as required and/or assigned for the purpose of ensuring the on-going functionality of Sites and their buildings, equipment and utilities distribution infrastructure:-
- Heating, Ventilation & Air-conditioning (HVAC) Systems
- Mains, Hot & Cold Water Services
- Compressed Air Systems
- Power & Lighting
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
- Building Fabric / Structure
- Grounds Management / Landscaping
- Drainage Systems
- Conduct regular audit checks to on in-house teams to ensure work is completed accurately and in a timely manner to an acceptable standard
- Carry out random quality checks on workmanship, housekeeping & competence of Sub-Contractors.
- To monitor and maintain the fitness for purpose of tools and equipment and provide for their replacement and/or recalibration so that tools and equipment are in good condition and suitable for purpose at all times and in order to avoid damage of goods, property and harm to oneself or other employees.
- Ensure that general housekeeping duties are undertaken, such that the Facilities Workshops and associated areas are maintained in an efficient clean and safe condition, thus providing a safe and efficient working environment.
- Apprise Facilities Manager of system failures / major breakdowns and recommendation for repair, with regular updates on progress with resolution.
- Apprise Facilities Manager of recommendations on new equipment, materials or specialist contractor support.
- Liaise with the Facilities Maintenance Buyer to request tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items to complete the necessary installation, maintenance & repair.
- Assist Facilities Manager with drawing up technical specifications and statements of work.
- Assisting Facilities Manager with selecting, engaging and managing of external Maintenance and Project Contractors, to ensure that work carried on site is carried out to company standards and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- Local management of ad-hoc projects as directed the Facilities Manager.
- Assisting the Facilities Manager to ensure adherence to all Company and Statutory Health & Safety Requirements and Procedures, to ensure that activities on the site comply with all relevant codes and legislation.
- Ensure that the Company Health & Safety process is effectively managed at all times across the Facilities Team and its Subcontractor activities:-
- Undertake Risk Assessments and COSHH Assessments.
- Production & Management of Departmental SOP’s / SSW’s
Review of Contractor Risk Assessments & Method Statements
Skills & Experience
- 5+ Years Mechanical / Electrical 'Building Services’ maintenance experience in a Supervisory role
- An Apprenticeship in Construction Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- The ideal applicant will have extensive experience in the management of both Fabric and M&E 'Building Services’ maintenance staff / systems in a supervisory role.
- Good PC based skills, with experience in Word/Excel and Outlook
- Good practical problem solving skills
- Experience of managing and evaluating subcontractors
- Proactive and able to plan and deliver improvements initiatives.
- Use of hand tools and testers
- Apprenticeship in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
HND / HNC or equivalent (Engineering / Construction related discipline)
Certified IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regulations would be ideal
For all successful candidates, our client will undertake background security checks. As part of this, they will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application. Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
- Supervisory Experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job