Start date: Immediate
Duration of assignment: Initial 3 Months temp with potential of leading to FTC contract depending on performance.
Hours: Full Time - Expected to go on the rota which is at most 1 in 3 weeks whereby they are the contact person over the weekend/nights should anything happen with equipment etc
Pay Rate: Around £30k + duty engineer allowance
The Facilities/Maintenance Engineer will be expected to:
* Provide hands on experience, be prepared to undertake a large variety of tasks including administrative and practical
* Act as Duty engineer for 24 hour emergency call-out 1 week/month
* Carry out routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on site
* Manage site facilities projects - this includes but is not limited to:
- Contractor management: issuing of permits/associated administrative tasks
- Working with contractors to install new equipment,
- Purchase operational equipment
- Maintenance and refurbishment of facilities such as meeting rooms, offices, restaurant and cloakrooms;
* Manage Technical Safety Systems.
* Provide Technical Support for business critical equipment.
* Manage Maintenance of Building Physical Integrity and Mechanical & Electrical facilities.
* Supervise specialist contractors executing maintenance, repairs and minor projects.
Technical mastery - This role will ideally have completed an apprenticeship/C&G with an electrical &/or mechanical bias and have the relevant practical skills to support, maintain, and troubleshoot the site electrical & mechanical facilities as described above. The successful candidate will need to learn the electrical, thermal and fire systems & safety standards in place for site and apply their knowledge to maintain and improve the systems under their control.
Leadership - Strong, demonstrable leadership skills are required for this role, particularly in the following areas:
* Site Emergency leadership (fire, etc.) - responsible for ensuring that the emergency services are fully informed, fire protection systems are fully operational, and the site & facilities are made safe.
* Lead site audits for relevant safety systems as required.
* Coaching and presenting to others in a confident, capable manner
* Equipment failure leadership (business risk) -responsible for managing equipment breakdowns - need to coordinate onsite and offsite resources to fix the problem safely, efficiently and professionally.
Builds Collaborative Relationships - This role is part of an experienced and agile team which provides a service to the site as a whole, so the Facilities Technician will need to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator who can build and leverage relationships across all levels including internally with team members and externally with site personnel, contractors, local Safety team and external Statutory bodies.
Operates with Discipline - We have rigorous policies in the critical areas of safety, legal compliance, financial controls and quality control. The role has responsibilities in all of these areas and will need to demonstrate strong discipline and rigor in completion of tasks.
Innovates and Reapplies - The role holder will need to use their knowledge and skills in order to find improved ways of supporting the Site Facilities - re applying proven ideas and methods of working, recognises and develops identified improvement opportunities.
Essential Skills to perform this role:
* 4 years hands on, practical electrical experience covering a wide range of projects
* City & Guilds 2330 level 3 certificate in electro technical technology-installation (Buildings and Structures) or NVQ Level 3 2356 or International equivalent
* Experiences of three phase electrical distribution system NB this is on an industrial basis rather than a domestic basis.
* Minimum 3 years demonstrable experience in a wide range of facilities maintenance tasks
* Experienced in using skills and knowledge to problem solve and troubleshooting.
* Good written and verbal command of English
* Good mathematical skills
* PC Literate at intermediate level in MS Office, in particular Word, Excel, Outlook
Desired skills to perform this role:
* If the 4 years' experience was combined with mechanical, automation (powered conveyors, motors, automatic labellers) or civil/construction experience that would be ideal
* Good Level of Health and Safety Awareness, e.g., a recognised industrial safety qualification such as IOSH. A NEBOSH qualification is highly desirable however training would be provided for this to be completed within a defined period.
* Facilities experience - lighting, HVAC, steam boilers, fire protection etc. would be ideal
If you have a similar background, apply now!
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.