The successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
• Complete daily cleaning of all communal facilities (common room, kitchen, study rooms and gym), office, entrance hallway, lift lobbies and communal corridors.
• Complete the cleaning of vacated studios where these are let via airBnB or are vacated during the tenancy year.
• Liaise with laundry service provider on short let units.
• Complete and adhere to H&S method statements and risk assessments.
• Manage and clean bin store area, arranging for ad-hoc refuse removal as required and
facilitating the disposal of discarded tenant possessions at the end of the tenancy year.
• proactive issue identification and and check control panels to diagnose issues.
• Perform reactive maintenance works such as repairing broken locks and handles, replacing light bulbs and batteries, siliconing, installing replacement appliances, fixing toilet cisterns, minor furniture repairs and sourcing inventory replacement items.
• Conduct planned and preventative maintenance works such as unblocking shower traps, redecoration works and adjusting fire door closers and seals.
• Liaise with tenants to diagnose issues and communicate progress, recording all interactions on CP’s systems.
• Assist the customer services team with termly room inspections.
• Assist the customer services team with end of tenancy inspections.
Skills & Competencies:
• Pragmatism: You will be expected to be able to consider and suggest the right courses of action. You should be able to deal with issues or situations realistically and practically.
• Planning & Prioritisation: You will be capable of carrying out the day-to-day planning of your work. You will manage the prioritisation of tasks assigned to you and you will be required to escalate issues or situations that may arise from any conflict within this.
• Adaptability & Flexibility: You will be able to adapt to and support new processes and practices, which are flexible and able to cope with changing departmental, organizational and legislative needs.
• Ability and willingness to learn: You will be expected to proactively contribute to and receive feedback on how problems can be addressed, in order to improve results and to facilitate continuous departmental and organisational development.
• Ownership & Responsibility: You will be a self-starter, self-motivated and will keep focused and productive. In managing upwards and sideways (managerial superiors and peers) you will be confident in asking for clarification and answers where required.
• Ownership & Responsibility: You will maintain positive relationships and co-operation with external stakeholders. You will understand and demonstrate the balancing and supporting of financial and commercial objectives and constraints, in the execution of your role. You will ensure that you adopt a professional approach to your behaviour and communications in all interactions with all parties.
• Teamwork: You will work to foster an environment where your team members feel comfortable communicating openly and respecting other team members' opinions, expertise and roles within the organisation. You are able and willing to handle team or personal stress, conflict and pressure in a positive way.
Qualifications and Experience
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job