To provide professional support to the Senior Facilities Manager. Provide customer service on facilities management issues raised. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
• To monitor all activities relating to the site(s), reporting and taking action as appropriate.
• To comply with Health and Safety on site, maintaining records, using the Meridian system, and involvement with contractor management as appropriate.
• To conduct meter readings within all required buildings.
• To respond to requests for maintenance / technical assistance in person, via telephone and electronically.
• To research questions and solutions using available information resources, advising the Building Manager/SFM the appropriate actions.
• To identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
• Route issues and requests to the correct resource, track progress and document resolutions
• To liaise with tenants and deal with any operational queries they might have.
• To work in conjunction with the SFM ensuring a PPM and repair programme is in place.
• To manage work programmes on site in conjunction with the LFM, acting as the liaison point for all parties involved.
• To manage the P2P (Purchase to Pay) system and respond to any related queries or requests as appropriate.
• To integrate financial data (such as quotations and purchase orders) with the specific maintenance tasks
• Prepare activity reports and provide statistical data to the Building Manager to inform operational strategy.
• Any other duties as directed by your Line Manager.
• Understand how the industry and stakeholders function, and the range of services available to clients
• Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management
• Develop an understanding of how to build and maintain client, supplier and customer relationships
• Understanding of key issues to be noted on property inspections
• Understand and use industry/specific IT applications
• Understand the principles of service charges
• Understand the principles of contract law
• Understand how property is constructed and how plant works; working knowledge of fundamental building operations, relevant hard and soft services knowledge
• Know and be able to apply legislation and policies relating to Health and Safety
• Know and be able to apply legislation and policies relating to Environmental protection
• Understand insurance relating to buildings and the FSA regulations
• Understand and apply all procedures relating to work activities
• Contributes to team business plan/strategy
• Able to plan and manage own workload
• Able to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues
• Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases
• Oriented towards providing excellence in customer services
• Can demonstrate adaptability and attention to detail, with strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Willing to learn and expand the processes of the helpdesk function as the role progresses
• Be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing