The B & S Group is a privately owned pharmaceutical company which manufactures and distributes pharmaceutical and healthcare products to the UK market. Established in 1999 we offer a wide range of products and services which includes specials, generic drugs, branded medicines, parallel trade and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. Having undergone two acquisitions since 2010, we are continuing to strengthen and are growing rapidly.
Summary of role:
Ensuring that all facilities services and equipment are delivered efficiently and effectively to the partners and employees and are compliant to H&S standards.
- Responsible for all the basic requirements of the building like hygiene, water, electricity, air condition, etc.
- Prepare and update contractor list of all H&S compliant contractors to work on site
- Approve and authorise all maintenance work for the sites
- Hire maintenance staff for the building and assign them duties according to their capabilities
- Ensure all the building codes are in order
- Audit the building to ensure that everything is in working order
- Inspect all the equipment that is present in the building
- Produce guidelines for hygiene and safety to all the offices in the building
- Co-coordinate with all the office representatives to ensure that they get proper service from the maintenance crew
- Liaise with Security to ensure a safe environment for the organisation
- Oversee and agree contracts and providers for services.
- Conduct Regular Reviews of Services based on employee feedback.
- Periodic re-negotiations on rates/ deliverables vs agreed targets with Service Providers
- Ensuring soft services like catering, cleaning, mail handling, parking, conference room booking, utilities (hygiene including toilets, kitchens etc, electricity, water, gas, heating) and so on run smoothly
- Previous experience in facilities management managing a number of sites
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Organisation, time management, prioritising and the ability to handle a complex, varied workload
- Excellent customer service skills
- Communication and influencing skills, in person and in writing
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to lead and manage teams and projects
- Attention to detail but also the ability to see the implications for the bigger picture
- Commercial awareness
- Customer service
- A good knowledge of IT packages
- Facilities Management
- Health Safety
- Service Delivery