If you enjoy being part of a team which cares for and maintains glorious mansions and halls, keeping them an attractive tourist location, this role would be perfect for you.
What it's like to work here
Chartwell was the much-loved Churchill family home and the place from which Sir Winston drew inspiration from 1924 until the end of his life. Many of the rooms remain the same as when the Churchill family lived at Chartwell and today it is our job to share the stories of their lives here as well as care for this much-loved home and their cherished possessions. The team at Chartwell ensure that visitors have a great time at this property, and create events to delve further into the life of Sir Winston Churchill.
What you'll be doing
As the Facilities Co-ordinator, you’ll be responsible for supporting the delivery of an efficient, effective and flexible facilities service, to enable the successful operation of the property. You’ll support the team to meet its objectives by ensuring high standards are delivered and maintained at all times. You’ll be assisting with the provision of planned, preventative and reactive maintenance and repairs, cleaning and caretaking duties, presentation of public areas and visitor facilities including car parks and grounds, preparation of meeting rooms and the co-ordination of back of house services such as deliveries and collections.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience that they’ll never forget, and we’re looking for like-minded people to join us.
We'd love to hear from you if you have;
- Experience in a facilities role in a customer service environment
- Flexible, customer focussed approach with understanding of good customer service standards
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use tools, equipment as required for the role
- Willingness to work alongside volunteers and is able to support volunteers to perform at their best
- Ability to multi-task and work in collaboration with other departments
- Ability to work well in a team
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office)
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job