A 5/6 month fixed term contract, temporary to possible permanent position (full time hours) has become available for an experienced Facilities Assistant to provide a responsive, efficient and professional support service to an organisation based in York.
The Facilities Assistant role will include porterage as well as the safety and security of the people who work there, staff, visitors, property, premises and facilities.
This is a very customer facing and public role, which, combined with the flexibility required, makes it a vital position for the organisation role. The Facilities Assistants are often the people with full responsibility for the site, so they must always consider this aspect when making decisions as this may affect the organisation and, in particular, the people within the site.
Your role will include the following:
- Caretaking duties which include setting up and clearing rooms in preparation for meetings etc.
- Driving vehicles and sometimes transporting people
- Acting as the fire warden in the event of an alarm
- Reception duties which includes despatching internal and external mail and deliveries
- Responding to immediate cleaning requirements that fall outside of normal cleaner hours such as functions.
- Complying with safety requirements including the use of personal, protective equipment and adherence to safety rules and assessments.
- General maintenance work, this may include painting, minor joinery, plumbing and electrical tasks.
- Recording any incidents or breaches of security with the appropriate documentation and report incidents likely to cause injury or damage to the Manager.
Your days as a Facilities Assistant will be extremely varied as you can see and you’re just as likely be required to transport materials and post, paint walls, sweep paths, drive vehicles, unload furniture deliveries, conduct the vehicle checks or approach trespassers.
37.5hour week which includes maybe one weekend in four with days off during the week. Excellent staff benefits including 12% contributory pension, free parking, meals when on duty, uniform etc.
It is essential that you have previous experience in a similar role and that you have a full clean drivers licence. You will also have an excellent work ethic and customer service skills.
- Facilities Management