Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Facilities Assistant. This is a varied role with a mixture of office administration and general duties that include manual tasks. The hours of work are 8am to 5pm, with one hour for lunch, 40 hours per week.
- Assist with the preparation of meeting rooms and equipment
- Providing relief cover for reception/switchboard
- General duties including topping up of office photocopiers
- Provide refreshments to meeting rooms for external meetings
- Post sorting and distribution
- Carry out daily housekeeping checks
- Operation of Evacuation chair in an emergency
- Collection of recycling waste from all areas.
- Ensure the building is clean and tidy and generally well maintained such as reporting broken light bulbs, removing empty cardboard boxes, cleaning spillages.
- Maintaining the kitchens and break areas, regularly restocking the coffee, tea and sugar along with keeping them clean and dishwasher emptied regularly.
- Desk moves and porter duties
- Looking after office stationary - checking stocks and ordering as necessary
- Maintaining outside areas - litter picking, leaf sweeping
- Clear pathways and entrances- leaves, snow, ice
- All aspects of general maintenance (where qualified and risk assessed) including (but not limited to):- routine repairs, replacement lamps, minor drain blockages, hanging notice boards and pictures, litter picking, snow clearance, gritting etc.
- To carry out any such other reasonable duties within job capabilities as may be requested by the Facilities Manager from time to time.
- You will be experienced in facilities and working in a fast-paced environment
- Your organisational abilities mean you multi task very well and priorities workload.
- You have a fine eye for detail and accuracy
- Previous experience of a similar role
- Effective level of literacy and numeracy
- A positive and proactive attitude and quick to respond to requests
- Candidates should be presentable, have good customer service skills and a clear speaking voice.
- There is also some lifting involved and therefore candidates need to be fit and able to tackle manual handling tasks.
- Proactive and able to demonstrate a flexible approach to working, as some out of hours and weekend work may be required.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of management, as well as with a wide range of external contacts
- Effective team member with a flexible approach to work
- Flexible approach to change
- Confidence in dealing with queries
- Ability to work to set targets under pressure and adapt to ever changing priorities
- Must be tactful and conscientious
- Ability to work on own initiative with an eye for detail
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job