Working at a prestigious building based in the City of London which is well known for hosting a wide range of corporate style business events which include six major dinners each year, together with a number of smaller events. There are also regular third-party events which range from corporate presentations or receptions through to formal dinners. As a result, there is a requirement to set the reception rooms up in different layouts, often with a short turnaround between functions.
The Hall itself can seat up to 200 people for a dinner and the Reception Room 80 people. There are also various ceremonial and meeting rooms. The Company's offices are within the building and part of the office area is let out to third parties. The basement houses a banqueting kitchen, in addition to plant and storage rooms.
Significant investment has been made to upgrade the building's plant and equipment over the last few years. New boilers have been installed, together with a building management system, air handling units, lifts, electrical and lighting systems and pipe work. Further works are scheduled for this summer when the Hall is closed to events for annual maintenance.
- Prepare the Hall events and to undertake security duties at the Hall.
- Undertaking general maintenance as instructed, including regular checking of maintenance and services.
- Setting up of furniture and any other equipment in the ceremonial and other rooms for different functions/meetings held at the Hall.
- To provide additional housekeeping services - this will involve the "finishing" of the public areas before and after functions, high level cleaning, cleaning of the exterior areas around the hall and other ad-hoc duties.
- To move, lay out and/or store furniture.
- To assist with all deliveries to the Company.
- Daily removal of general refuse and recycling.
- To assist with the sound system, general security, door security, cloakroom and fire evacuation duties.
- Supervision of contractors in a security and safety capacity