Facilities Assistant (Part-time 25 Hours)
Balfour Beatty is currently looking for a Facilities Assistant (Part Time - 25 hours week) to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Shift patterns are Monday - Friday, 0800 - 1300 and 1230 - 1730 on a weekly rotation basis with flexibility to work Full Time when required to cover holidays.
Within this role we are looking for an enthusiastic individual with previous experience of working in a similar role in a corporate environment to provide front of house and facilities management support for our Newcastle Office. Newcastle is one of our flagship offices and the home of our shared service centre with over 500 employees based here. You will be expected to support the Facilities Supervisor to ensure the space is maintained and managed to an exceptional standard.
What you'll be doing
As a Facilities Assistant, you will have the following accountabilities:
Front of House:
- Located on reception, you will be the first point of contact for external visitors and will be expected to provide first class front of house/reception services to include the management of visitors, dealing with incoming calls and emails, management of the online parking portal, dealing with all day to day queries raised by employees, visitors and contractors.
- Ensure that the meeting rooms are maintained to an exceptional standard at all times
- Managing the booking system, checking/clearing rooms between meetings
- Carry out operational checks of equipment and arranging any hospitality.
- Take responsibility for all incoming/outgoing post including distribution to recipients within the offices
- Carry out general admin support duties as and when required;
- Responsible for stock control in various areas including stationery and proactively stocking up print stations on all 3 floors of the building;
- Issue passes to Balfour Beatty staff and liaison with the landlord for building passes;
- Order and replenish kitchen and office consumables
- Providing support to the Facilities Supervisor and Office/Facilities Manager as required,
- Assisting with the management of hard and soft FM contractors
- Proactively reporting any maintenance issues around the building and following through to resolution.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programmes;
- Administrative and/or Facilities experience at any level;
- Must be confident in dealing with people at all levels;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- The ability to work independently and manage varying workloads;
- NVQ, Business Admin or similar
- Good understanding and knowledge of Facilities Management
- First Aid/Fire Marshall qualification
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
- Facilities Management
- General Admin
- Receptionist Duties
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'