Facilities Assistant / Buildings Officer
6 Month - Fixed Term Contract
Work / Shift Pattern- 5 days per week with 1 day on the weekend (Either Sayurday or Sunday) When a weekend is worked a day off in lieu is given during that week.
The facilities assistant / building officer will work under the direction of the Senior FM and Operations Manager and will provide flexible facilities and caretaking services ensuring the safe and efficient operation of Council buildings including Civic Estate and Libraries. You will be contracted to 37 hours per week and will include weekend and flexible working.
General responsibilities will be preparation and setting of meeting/conference rooms for meetings, events, Councillor Surgeries. Unlocking and locking of buildings as required, including setting and unsetting of alarm systems, securing of windows, switching off lights and checking of emergency lighting.
About Capita Real Estate Property and Infrastructure
Re (Regional Enterprise) Ltd is the joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Our innovative commercial model was set up in 2013 and brings together the best of public and private sector delivery.
Our services include; Planning and development management, building control, land charges, environmental health, trading standards and licensing, cemetery and crematorium, highways, regeneration and strategic planning.
Through Re, our aim is to create places where people want to invest, live, work and play. We have grown our business to provide a range of property, development and regulatory services to other local authorities and commercial organisations.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Service functions and meetings in booked rooms, assisting and directing visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assist in providing security cover during evening and weekend meetings.
- Ensuring all building alarm systems are in full working order including fire, intruder and panic alarms.
- Collection of rubbish sacks/confidential waste and shredded paper.
- To clean light fittings and test lighting systems regularly, replacing where necessary minor parts such as faulty lamps, starters and fluorescent tubes.
- Liaising with contractors working in Council buildings ensuring a record is logged of their attendance and permit to work system is being adhered to.
Other Key Areas
- To provide a professional and courteous service to all users of LB Barnet public offices.
- To work as part of a proactive, customer supporting team providing the highest level of service provision within the parameters of budgets set.
Health and Safety
- Ensure safe and efficient delivery of service by achieving high standards of health and safety and reducing risk. Awareness in all areas is desirable.
- Understand all relevant performance indicators and use performance information to continually improve services.
Flexibility and Working Arrangements
- There will be an element of weekend working including the need to work one Saturday or Sunday per week. Saturday hours will be 8.30am to 5.30pm and Sunday hours from 10.30am to 5.30pm. This is subject to change dependant on the requirement of the business.
- Experience of working as a Porter/Maintenance Officer/Custodian preferably in a public sector or similar.
- Manual Handling: Handling of all types of parcels, packages and boxes, pushing trolleys and walking around Council premises
- Health & Safety: Clear understanding of the Health and Safety compliance requirements within Facilities Management. Experience of working within a customer service environment
What's in it for you?
- At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
- What we hope you will do next
- Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
- Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.