Our client, based in Milton Keynes, is looking for an experienced Facilities and H&S Manager to join their busy team.
To organize, cost and plan resources in order to carry out and oversee an efficient and effective facilities operation projects in line with the Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) and compliant with legal and local regulation requirements. To directly manage the smooth running of all warehouse facilities operations administration of such. You will be responsible for ensuring the consistency and compliance of all elements of Health and Safety across the site. You will work closely with the site leadership team to develop and implement policies and procedures that work towards eliminating serious accidents and reduction in minor accidents. You will also be responsible for design and delivery of all safety training and inductions. To ensure facilities are planned, proposed and authorised in order to assist with efficiently achieving the DC goals. To include accurate and timely communications with key interfaces, and to ensure all Warehouse facilities procedures are being executed fully and accurately. Responsible for the improvement of the business critical services and the day to day facilities management.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. To maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment
2. Communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; training, coaching, counselling employees
3. Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
4. Understand and develop the production and publication of a comprehensive and user friendly SOP for all Warehouse facilities operations.
5. Be the key point of contact for all Warehouse facilities and assist in trouble shooting and problem solving through to fruition.
6. Prioritising under-performing or under par facilities areas and suggesting/ managing adjustments through to fruition.
7. Develop, propose, seek authorisation and implement short, medium term and long term DC improvements. Sourcing contractors and suppliers to ensure work is completed to standard and on budget
8. Manage and document a budget process for all DC facilities requirements and equipment, reporting upwards in line with Company requirements and authorisations. Plan and monitor annual budget.
9. Maintaining and developing the standards of Health and Safety, hygiene, fire prevention and security in the work environment and ensuring they are rolled out and complied with and reporting any infractions.
10. Management of vehicles including regular maintenance and associated records of such and management of drivers – including insurance for both
11. All hard and soft services including cleaning contracts, security and mechanical/ electrical/ building maintenance. Building fabric maintenance, fixtures and fitting repair.
12. Project planning and management of office builds, refurbishments, moves and cyclical redecorations management
Qualifications and key skills
Project Management, Coaching, Supervision, Quality Management, Results Driven, Developing Budgets, Developing Standards, Handles Pressure, Giving Feedback
• Working knowledge of procurement and negotiation
• Project management – previous experience of delivering projects on Budget/ time
• Previous experience of managing a facilities/ office services department.
• Up to date and in depth knowledge of Health and Safety management
• Can do attitude with a think out of the box approach to solution design.
• It literate
• Well organized, methodical strong communicator at every level.
• Attention to detail/methodical
• Employs leadership to situations
• MBIFM (Member of the British Institute of Facilities Management)
• IOSH managing safely or NEBOSH
• To apply, promote and practice unit rules and regulations
• To apply, promote and practice Health and Safety instructions and regulations
• To apply and promote all Statutory requirements as instructed
• Embrace, demonstrate and promote good customer service at all times
• Undertake a programme of personal development in line with the company process
• Undertake any other duty deemed reasonable by Senior management
• To know, understand, promote and enhance all SOPs for the site.
Working conditions: may include evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and in a highly targeted fast paced environment.
The job holder is required to adequately manage themselves in an environment with the pressure of a fast paced and highly targeted work environment and to communicate any excessive pressure or other types of demands
This role requires particular physical attributes due to its nature and tasks. A standard of physical health and fitness is required i.e.:
- Good vision, good hearing,
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and/or moving some considerable distance on a daily basis on a hard surface.
- Ability to safely work at height as tasks require
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job