Advancing People are recruiting for a Facilities/H&S Manager on behalf of a warehouse, manufacturing and distribution 3PL provider based in Milton Keynes. Their operation includes a 150,000 sq ft warehouse plus corporate offices.
Our client is looking for a PROVEN Facilities/H&S Manager, ideally from a logistics background.
To organise, cost and plan resources in order to carry out and oversee an efficient and effective facilities operation projects in line with the Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) and compliant with legal and local regulation requirements. To directly manage the smooth running of all warehouse facilities operations administration of such. Responsible for ensuring the consistency and compliance of all elements of Health and Safety across the site.
Working closely with the site leadership team to develop and implement policies and procedures that work towards eliminating serious accidents and reduction in minor accidents. Responsible for the design and delivery of all safety training and inductions. To ensure facilities are planned, proposed and authorised in order to assist with efficiently achieving the DC goals. To include accurate and timely communications with key interfaces, and to ensure all Warehouse facilities procedures are being executed fully and accurately. Responsible for the improvement of the business critical services and the day to day facilities management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment
- Communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; training, coaching, counselling, employees as required on all elements within the facilities and Health and safety remit.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Understand and develop the production and publication of a comprehensive and user friendly SOP for all Warehouse facilities operations. Ensure any new team member, has an induction and is trained in all relevant operational procedures.
- Be the key point of contact for all Warehouse facilities and assist in trouble shooting and problem solving through to fruition.
- Prioritising under-performing or under par facilities areas and suggesting/ managing adjustments through to fruition.
- Develop, propose, seek authorisation and implement short, medium term and long term DC improvements. Sourcing contractors and suppliers to ensure work is completed to standard and on budget
- Manage and document a budget process for all DC facilities requirements and equipment, reporting upwards in line with Company requirements and authorisations. Plan and monitor annual budget.
- Maintaining and developing the standards of Health and Safety, hygiene, fire prevention and security in the work environment and ensuring they are rolled out and complied with and reporting any infractions.
- Management of vehicles including regular maintenance and associated records of such and management of drivers - including insurance for both
- All hard and soft services including cleaning contracts, security and mechanical/ electrical/ building maintenance. Building fabric maintenance, fixtures and fitting repair.
- Project planning and management of office builds, refurbishments, moves and cyclical re decorations management
- Statutory requirement testing
- Fire safety compliance and procedures.
- To ensure the security of the building and the stock at all times and reporting upwards any risk to either.
Experience & Key Skills Required
- Minimum of 5 years experience of working within a similar role
- Working knowledge of procurement and negotiation
- IOSH managing safely or NEBOSH
- MBIFM (Member of the British Institute of Facilities Management)
- Understanding of CDM regulations
- Strong Communication skills - very much a 'people' person
- Understanding of Security (The site is a bonded warehouse and is AEO accredited)
- Facility soft services skills
- An understanding of electrics and fire prevention
- Experience of carrying out Health and Safety audits and fire risks assessments
- Experience and awareness of mechanical handling equipment
- Project management - previous experience of delivering projects on budget/ time
- Previous experience of managing a facilities/ office services department.
- Up to date and in depth knowledge of Health and Safety management
- Can do attitude with a think out of the box approach to solution design.
- It literate in MS office Suite , powerpoint, Excel
- Well organised, methodical strong communicator at every level.
- Attention to detail / methodical
- Employs leadership to situations - works productively with others across the business
In return our client is offering a salary to £40,000.
Apply Now in complete confidence for the opportunity to meet with my client or contact Lesley Fulton at Advancing People directly for more information. Advancing People Recruitment Specialists Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job