A Herfordshire based synagogue is looking for a Facilities and Finance Executive to join the team . The post holder deal with all members in a professional and courteous manner. They should seek to accommodate all their requests, whenever practical, to ensure that customer satisfaction is maximised.
- To support the Marketing Communications and Events Manager in relation to managing all aspects of the BES facilities. This will involve both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises, and not limited to: room bookings, equipment hire, scheduling of support staff duties (caretakers and external security personal), logistics support and maintenance, update and adoption of all relevant safety protocols.
- To support and guide the Synagogue Financial Representative (FR) in the management of synagogue finances
- Review of monthly management accounts for the FR and draft notes of issues and proposed actions to correct anomalies.
- Ensure that financial information generated from the Synagogue is properly reflected in accounts generated from the Centre
- Promote and maintain high standards of financial recording, monitoring and control.
The person to be appointed to this post should able to demonstrate the following:
- Appropriate experience of providing a facilities or maintenance service in a similar environment
- Experience of working with contractors and suppliers and monitoring of service standards
- Understand of compliance requirements
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer care and service
- Experience of complaints handling and follow up procedures
- Part-qualified accountant/bookkeeper, with experience working within a generalist accounts role
- A strong grasp of, and knowledge of accounting issues and procedures and be conversant with financial controls
- Substantial experience in a similar environment
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Attention to detail
Skills and Competences
- A proven delivery of an excellent consistently high quality customer focused service.
- Sound communication skills, both written and oral
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong computing skills and substantial experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and intranet based systems and databases
- To work unsupervised, manage own workload and deliver results under pressure to tight deadlines and objectives
- The ability to carry out duties to a high level of accuracy, ensuring attention to detail
- Organisational skills that demonstrates planning, problem-solving, critical thinking skills
- Research skills, with the ability to draw information from various sources, including people
- Multi-task, manage and prioritise a wide range of administrative tasks and duties, both complex and routine
- Work in a professional manner at all times and develop effective working relationships with colleagues and external customers
- Work as an effective and pro-active member of the Synagogue team
- Demonstrable leadership skills/experience
- Demonstrable skills in time management and planning
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work
- Educated to degree level, but the working in the may prove advantageous: building management, business studies, construction, facilities management, property
- Knowledge of Jewish Customs and practices
35 hours per week: Monday to Thursday, 9.00 am - 5.00 pm, Friday 9.00 am to 12.30 pm and every 3rd Sunday. Flexibility will be required to facilitate community events and meetings
- Facilities Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job