Due to expanding workload, a vacancy has arisen for an experienced Fabricator/Welder to join a friendly but busy fabrications shop based in Burgess Hill. This opportunity has long term prospects for the right candidate working in a growing competitive business where training and development can be provided.
- Working within our manufacturing & Production team, you will be responsible for producing a large range of bespoke standard and non-standard products to a high standard from initial enquiry to finish product occasionally utilising CAD engineering drawings in both commercial and domestic sectors.
- You should have an undertsanding of other manufacturing processes such as powder coating and galvanising and how the departments cooperate together
- Must be willing to be active member of the team working at the workshop and at site.
- You will be able to work on your own initiative and within a team, working to deadlines efficiently under pressure.
- You should be willing to partake in overtime as and when required, sometimes at short notice
- MIG, TIG & ARC Welding skills & ability
- MMA (Stick) Welding, stainless steel and mild steel.
- Experienced with stainless steel, aluminium, mild steel, & some Galv
- Read & understand engineering drawings
- Ability to work within own initiative, under minimal supervision and to deadlines
- The ability to manipulate and develop metals, cutting, shaping, bending and forming all materials.
- To be able to design basic products from measurements obtained at site or given by customer, i.e fire escapes, gates and railings.
- Basic machining skills would be an advantage.
- Gas Forklift truck qualification/licence/experience an advantage but not essential
- An awareness of health and safety is desirable.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Vacancy details & Process
- Salary - competitive hourly rate, dependent on experience/knowledge.
- Based in Burgess Hill West Sussex
- Hours 7.00am. - 3.30pm. With 6 hours average overtime per week.
- Benefits - up to 20 paid days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays, contributory pension scheme (after qualifying period)
- A fabrication/welding competency test will be carried out as part of the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Secondary education
- Mig Welding: 1 year
- Fabrication: 1 year
- TIG Welding: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
- City and Guilds level 2.
- Fork Lift Truck but not essential
- Driving License an advantage but not essential
- Metal Fabrication
- MIG welding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job