Roofing & Cladding Materials (the Benx Group) - Newcastle-under-Lyme
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum (plus benefits) DOE
The Benx Group is a leading provider of products and solutions that enhance, protect and add value to buildings through innovation, technology and 'knowhow’. Our businesses are engaged in the development, certification and supply of external facade solutions, external wall insulation systems and specialist roofing products. Our Roofing and Cladding Materials (RCM) subsidiary is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of specialist building boards, facades and through-wall solutions. RCM’s extensive product range has been installed on many of the largest construction projects throughout the UK. Recent strong growth in demand for RCM’s bespoke fabricated façade products has highlighted the opportunity to significantly build its value-added production capability. The company has recently invested in new cutting machines at its Newcastle-under-Lyme premises and will continue to expand its capabilities and resources in line with the growth in its façade fabrication activity. In addition to its existing cutting machines, expansion plans include the addition of a CNC machining centre.
A well organised and effective Fabrication Manager is required to help manage key processes within our façades fabrication activity and meet the challenges of a growth activity. Typically, they will have the following attributes:
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent project management skills
- Good communication skills at all levels both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills with sound I.T. Knowledge
- Experience of managing technical liaison with customers, production teams and subcontractors
- Proven record of success within high pressure environment
- Experienced, committed, well organised and methodical
- Strong budgetary control and cost management background
- Successful in the implementation of Quality Control Systems to ISO9001 level
- Coordination of fabrication projects in accordance with agreed specification and customer timelines.
- Ensuring that customers receive a consistently favourable experience
- Ensuring subcontractors deliver quality output on time
- Liaising closely with the sales, planning and operations teams to ensure processes are robust and efficient
- Responding to new initiatives as required by the demands of the role.
- Maintaining a continuous process improvement and quality agenda, including EN ISO9001 accreditation and practices
- Work with sales/estimating team to agree detailed specifications and requirements with customers
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans and control schedules
- Liaise with customers, production colleagues and subcontractors to ensure projects are completed on time to specification
- Monitor performance of production team and subcontractors against project plans
- Conduct regular meetings with sales, planning and operations colleagues
- Manage relationships with subcontractors
- Review project cost variances and, where necessary, identify corrective actions
- Provide reports to senior management and participate in meetings, as required.
- Complete annual / periodic appraisals for any direct reports
- Liaise closely with sales and operations teams to ensure the fabrication process functions efficiently without excessive stocks.
General Characteristics, Skill, and Ability:
- Ambitious, willing to take ownership of project outcomes
- Has demonstrated reliability in previous roles.
- Exceptional attention to detail - good at problem solving and getting to the root of issues.
- Commercially-minded with strong customer management skills
- Experience in a manufacturing or fabrication business.
- Well organised with an appreciation for the importance of maintaining detailed records
- Works well under pressure and can multi- task extremely well.
- Strong leader with exceptional team-work ethics - a motivator.
- Quality conscious. Does not accept second best.
- Good standard of I.T. Knowledge, including Excel, word and PowerPoint
- Drivers Licence
- Proven relevant experience within a bespoke manufacturing/fabrication environment involving cutting and CNC machining processes
- Previous roles in the building facades sector
- Familiarity with Sage 200 Commercial/Works Order system
- Previous role within a multi-product business
Remuneration / package:
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays.
- Mobile Phone and Laptop provided
If you would like to apply for this role please send a copy of your CV to our HR department via the apply link.
- Process Improvement
- Production Teams
- Technical Liaison
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job