Our client one of the UK’s leading manufacturer and global market leader in engineering is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Fabrication Manager for their site based in Suffolk. Due to the continuous growth of the business this position would offer an excellent opportunity to the successful applicant to further develop their career.
The Fabrication Manager with the support of the Manufacturing Manager will provide management and direction, coaching and mentoring to promote and implement a continuous improvement culture within the areas of safety, quality, efficiency and the workplace organisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Resolving engineering issues, optimise efficiency via sound delegation, review and meet tight timescales and deadlines to ensure production downtime is minimised
- Maintain assets to high standards through an effective planned preventative maintenance system
- Dealing with contracts and selection of engineering suppliers
- Plan, implement and review engineering projects aligned to business objectives meeting both current and future business needs
- Plan weekly / monthly labour, material and facilities, identify areas of improvement and implement corrective actions to meet delivery deadlines and performance targets
- Managing Health and Safety systems, ensuring compliance and driving high standards at all times
- Ensure all site services are appropriately maintained and fit for purpose in line with business requirements
The role calls for an confident leader who can deliver change management, demonstrate knowledge of modern manufacturing systems and fabrication methodology, you will also need to have a recognised Mechanical/Engineering qualifications to degree or Chief Engineer level as well as Health & Safety and Management qualifications. Previous experience within manufacturing environment is preferable with excellent coaching, leadership and people management skills.
This is a permanent vacancy offering a salary range depending on experience.
For more information please contact Donna on .
If you feel this position could be of interest please send your CV to or via the ‘apply now’ option
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"