Horizon is currently working on a really interesting position for a hands-on, passionate Engineer to join their small team. Although the position requires a candidate who can take care of Fabrication, the role offers the opportunity to enjoy an involved and varied working life.
The company are one of only a handful of companies in the country who manufacture bespoke Malt Mills and Malt Intake systems for the dry side of the Brewing and Distilling Industries. Working with customers all over the UK and beyond, this role will provide the opportunity to work on site as well as in the small factory based in Stanton.
The purpose of this position is to work on a product from start to finish and also travel to site to assist with the installation as necessary and will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Fabrication of Mild Steel
- Some welding
- Using manual Lathes, Press Brake and Guillotines
- Servicing pre-installed equipment
- Reading from simple Engineering drawings
- Helping to load and unload deliveries using the counterbalance fork lift
- As required dealing with customers enquiries
- Maintaining your working area keeping it tidy and organised at all times
As this role is working within a small team, we require a candidate who is happy to muck in and help when the pressure is on to meet a deadline and have a flexible and adaptable approach to working in a team. Other Skills and attributes required are:
- Relevant experience of qualification within Engineering
- Excellent at accurately calculating measurements
- Some knowledge of using manual machines would be ideal
- A strong team player with a brilliant sense of humour
- Good mathematical ability
- Outstanding practical, hands-on Engineering Skills
- The ability to work autonomously with self-discipline
- Able to drive a FLT
This role will suit a candidate with an interest in the Brewing or Distilling industries and truly is a great opportunity to be part of a really interesting Engineering company. To apply, please send your CV to Gemma Turp today.
You can apply through our website as well as through Reed.co.uk
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!