2x Fabric & Multiskilled Engineer - FM
£25,000 to £28,000
Mobile Role East Lothian and Borders
Static Role in Haddington
2x Fabric Engineers one based on site and one mobile in the East Lothian region, the main purpose of the role is to undertake fabric, joinery and other planned maintenance, reactive and other tasks as directed by Operational Management and the Customer Support Centre.
- Carry out fabric and joinery planned/reactive/additional works in medical and educational buildings, including minor works, repairs, fault finding and fault diagnosis.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant industry regulations at all times, and that the appropriate materials used.
- To be fully conversant with all aspects of fabric installation works for domestic and commercial properties.
- Attend any tasks issued which may include non-fabric or joinery jobs for which the post holder has the necessary skills and knowledge to undertake.
- To liaise with other FM staff and Sub-contractors as necessary to ensure the timely completion of works within agreed operational targets.
- Carry out and complete all works to high quality standards and in a competent manner in accordance with Health and Safety Standards, Clients Policies and Procedures and with the property being left in a clean and tidy condition.
- To accept progress and complete accurately all works allocated via a portable electronic device and update all tasks in a timely manner.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and building plans.
- Working hours will be based on a rotational shift pattern and will include weekend work and participation in an on-call rota.
- Attend meetings with other stake-holders including client, subcontractor and construction parties.
- Attend Tool-Box-Talks, training and meetings as required by management.
- To act at all times in accordance with the rules, policies, procedures and financial regulations.
- The operative will be required to act in a courteous and respectful manor when working.
- A full clean driving licence will be required as successful application will be expected to do some driving in company vehicles to visit other sites and suppliers.
- *Please note that any job offer will be dependent on the successful applicant clearing a PVG Disclosure check.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experienced working in a building services role
- Preferably a time-served fabric or joinery engineer or equivalently trained
- Knowledge of working with commercial and domestic installations would be desirable
- Excellent Customer Service
- Previous experience of working within a team
- Good Written/verbal communication Skills
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements and willing to accept change
- Full UK Driving license
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and we will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, we're poised for further growth and success, so if you're committed, talented and enthusiastic, this is the right role for you.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please call Ryan Pearson on or email your cv to
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- Building service