Bridge Education is looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant required for a school in Preston.
The post is to cover an maternity leave starting in September 2019 and will be a covering a Reception Year 1 class.
You'll need the ability to work closely with teachers and parents. You'll also need good literacy and numeracy skills, as well as creative ideas for activities.
To do this job, you will need previous experience of working with children within a Primary education setting. Experience across Foundation stage, KS1 and KS2 would be advantageous.
The role will involve:
- helping with schoolwork under the supervision of the teacher
- preparing learning materials
- working with groups of children
- supporting individual pupils with literacy and numeracy on a 1-1 basis
- encouraging children to be confident and independent
- helping children understand instructions
- encouraging children to communicate
- giving information and help to teachers
- supporting children during social activities and outing
- keeping records
The successful candidate will:
• have a sound working knowledge of supporting young children’s learning
• demonstrate good interpersonal skills with team members and parents
• have previous experience of working with young children and those with behaviour issues in particular
• have a good standard of spoken and written English
To start your journey with Bridge Education and your personal consultant get in touch. We are keen to speak to those seeking new opportunities or to those who are looking to add work to their existing role.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'