Role - External Sales Account Manager
Location -North East
Great opportunity within Capita SIMS for a driven sales individual with a demonstrable ability to deliver.
About the role
The External sales team are responsible for direct sales of SIMS product and service propositions to UK Local Authorities, MATs and schools. Working closely with marketing the team is responsible for maximising sales, meeting defined sales targets and developing Capita's reputation as the partner of choice for MIS related products and services in the education sector.
The External sales team form a vital commercial and communication channel, working efficiently and strategically to help achieve sales objectives. The team are responsible for handling reactive sales enquiries but more importantly developing business with new and existing accounts at all levels.
The team covers all schools and local authorities within England. The role is territory based.
About Capita | Education Software Services
Capita is the market leader in the Edtech market for providing MIS software solutions into Primary and Secondary schools within UK & Ireland. With a market share of 82% the need to move customers to the next generation of cloud based products will be key in retaining this leading position.
We are looking for individuals with a proven track record of field sales delivery to help our expansion in the schools market. Our uncapped earnings and generous basic salary reflects our commitment to recruiting a winning team.
What you will do:
- External Sales Account Manager is responsible for meeting monthly/annual transaction targets. Ensuring territory plans are in place with a clear strategy on how transaction target will be achieved/exceeded.
- Responsible for managing own database and making outbound calls with the objective of selling / promoting/ upselling SIMS software/3rd Parties to a specific region within the UK.
- Achievement of Key Performance Indicators
- Build relationships will all schools/local authorities within the territory to understand the challenges they have and map solutions
- Provide weekly reporting of month's progress and future pipeline
- To deliver a Territory plan that meets minimum annual transaction target.
- Manage your Territory to maximize revenue from the schools within your region.
- to plan effectively and to have a clear view of expected sales outcomes
- Proactively seek out and close new leads and meetings within the allocated territory by utilising territory plan
- Keep all school records up to date and use CRM to full capacity.
- Continually develop and improve own knowledge, skills and behaviours to help maximise your own performance
- Identify product gaps and arrange/attend product training sessions to enable you to fully recommend these products
- Proactively seek licence and service revenue within an allocated territory
- Developing strategies to manage your regional responsibilities, product targets and pipeline
- Lead generation is key to this role with the highest performers achieving both high sales and appointment statistics
- Maintaining an accurate pipeline co-ordinated with three times target value
- Use of internal systems, ensuring that all opportunities are tracked whilst producing quotations, proposals and information packs where necessary
Your experience will include:
- Previous proven successful external sales experience, ideally including sales of value added IT solutions.
- Proven sales territory planning skills and experience
- Proven track record of generating leads and hitting targets set
- Proven ability to build strong customer relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- Confidence in the use of IT for business purposes.
- An understanding of the factors and issues affecting UK Education.
- Working knowledge of the Capita SIMS software/database software
- Working knowledge of the Education market
- A background in software sales
- Experience of quotation/proposal writing
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job