External Regional Account Manager with proven sales experience in timber, sheet materials and timber related products.
With over 100 years trading history our client has grown to be one of the UKs' leading importers, distributors and processors of timber and timber related products, employing over 200 people across 4 key distribution centres across the UK.
Our client is one of the top 4 timber distributors in the UK providing wholesale wood products to timber / general builders merchants, specialist joiner manufactures and national / regional construction companies. To support their continued growth they are looking to recruit a highly motivated, experienced External Regional Account Manager to cover the East Midlands; a territory which covers parts of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
Working for a market leader you will receive a strong starting basic of up to £40,000, a very generous bonus structure, company vehicle, pension contributions and excellent opportunities for career progression.
This is a home / field based position negotiating sales on behalf of the Company in accordance with your budget and profit margin, representing and promoting our clients good name and ensuring that you present the products and services skilfully and with confidence.
You will be an excellent communicator, preferably with existing contacts from within the industry. You will have good timber products knowledge, strong sales ability and margin awareness. Due to the nature of the role you will have a full driving licence and be prepared to travel as and when required.
- Proven track record in new business development
- Experienced in cold calling within market and geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Ability to grow, maintain and leverage your network of contacts
- Ability to identify potential clients and the appropriate decision makers
- Ability to research and build relationships with new clients
- Plan approaches and pitches to develop proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns and objectives
- Participate in pricing
- Ability to handle objections by clarifying, emphasising and working through differences to a positive conclusion
- The ability to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Disciplined and able to organise a busy schedule effectively
- Focussed and persistent with a will to win
- Team player able to work effectively with colleagues to deliver excellent customer service
- Knowledge of the timber windows and doors market would be an advantage
- Experience of the Builders Merchants sector would be advantageous
What's on offer?
In return for the right candidate an attractive package is on offer including a basic salary of up to £40,000 + bonus + car + pension
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more please apply and we will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
- Account Management
- Area Sales
- New Business Development
- Specification Sales
- Estimation Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job