Hear from our UK Head of Audit about the evolution of the Audit and what opportunities PwC could have for you.
It's a really exciting time to be joining us. We're growing our teams across all areas of our Audit practice and investing a huge amount in our people, their skills and the technology available, as we continue to radically modernise our business and the way we serve our clients.
Learn more about The Future of Audit.
Within London Audit, you'll have the opportunity to work across a diverse portfolio of clients, from owner managed businesses, private equity backed companies, up to large multinational and listed groups. We work with well known clients across a broad range of industries including entertainment and media, pharmaceuticals, technology and communications, energy, utilities and mining, retail, hospitality and leisure, business services, construction and real estate. We also work across the third sector, spanning a number of government and public sector clients and charities. You'll also have the opportunity to work on global projects, collaborating with PwC colleagues and clients all over the world.
Our team helps organisations navigate regulatory complexity while strengthening trust and transparency in their business. While many of the rules of business have changed, the fundamentals haven't. You'll work alongside senior members of the client's management team in planning the audit process from beginning to end, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and fair presentation of our client's information.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager in Audit, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- CA / ACA / ACCA/ICAS qualified (or international equivalent) or equivalent work experience in Audit (international candidates who technically qualify in their home country by experience)
- Experience operating at Senior Manager level in a similar environment
- Experience of working on IFRS engagements as well as UK GAAP (experience of other accounting frameworks an advantage)
- Proven ability to lead audit engagements from planning to completing on a diverse range of assignments
- A proven ability to project manage multiple engagements and monitor engagement budgets and financial performance
- Ability to spot opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other lines of service to help clients find solutions to the challenges they face
- Be able to work flexibly in relation to locations and alongside flexible working colleagues
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and/or US GAAP would be an advantage
Find out more about our PwC office locations.
The skills we look for
Our people are curious and put quality first and foremost. They are inclusive and invest in themselves and their teams. They adapt to new challenges with flexibility, agility and intelligence. They speak up, role modelling constructive challenge whilst also being open to challenge themselves. They take pride in their profession, their work and their passion to deliver to the highest quality.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'